BYC members in Massachusetts?

Did you have danes before too ? It made me smile.
I used to have a Black and a Blue, but my Blue had natural ears, They used to play like that. When the Blue died the black was so sad :(

Me? Oh no, sorry, I never had any, though they seem like great dogs! I just meant it was a little sad in that the yard just seemed a little small for them, that's all. But maybe it is not?

Anyway, I would love one eventually but I'm not sure I could handle the short lifespans. :(

I do have a Black Lab/Great Pyrenees mix. He's like 130-140 pounds haha he's already been getting kinda old the last year or two, mostly the last year, and he's only 5. Turning 6 next month. :/

And aww that's sad. :(

Danes are great couch potatoes ;) I am sure they go out for walks and such.
Watch the weight on bigger dogs as they get older especially. You should just barely be able to feel the ribs and feel the base of the tail. Chubby dogs have a Chubby base tail.
Keeping them on the thinner side keeps the weight off the hind end.
That is a good mix breed and I bet you will have him till at least 12-14 y/o :):)

I have 2 kitties that are 16 and 14. 16 y/o is going blind and is now almost completely deaf and I think she just sits and yells because she wants to know where everyone is.
My 16 y/o DD will not take it well when they pass on :(

If my hens were a little more social with me I might feel the same way.... but inside I still feel that way and look out at them about 100 times during the day to make sure they are ok .

Hey all, I hope everyone is staying safe in this lovely weather today. I started a thread today following months of researching and looking around for where I could locate some chickens locally. I figured I would share the link here and see if we can't get some content into that thread and share some knowledge and promote some local business. If anyone would like to add or refer people to the below thread on Breeder/Hatcheries in New England, I would appreciate it. I just had a real difficult time trying to find people in the area and was hopeful of compiling a resource for people looking to keep their business local or looking for specialized breeds in the region. Thank you!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/breeders-hatcheries-located-in-new-england.1220496/

Back
Top Bottom