BYC members in Massachusetts?

Down to two Pekin females and one Silver Appleyard Drake available.

BF1BB2D5-CAA1-48B6-8F97-B1ED8692161D.jpeg

Small duckling not available

CE389853-A542-4725-BF87-AC12B831C5D0.jpeg

Drake on the right available

I can't take him, but feel like we could have started a Silkie roo community in the Merrimack valley(I'm West Newbury). I got 4 day old silkies this spring, 2 are for sure Roo's, and I have a sneaky suspicion about the other 2. With a flock of 12 total there is no way I can keep them all.
I did find him a wonderful home who was looking for one roo to spoil. Thank God.
Oh boy...good luck to you!!!!

Is anyone looking for a black showgirl silkie cockerel? He’s a proven defender, gentle with people and his girls, and beautiful. I hate giving him up, but my gamble on 4 day old silkies gave me 4 cockerels. He’s 5 months old. We are in the Merrimack valley area, and would be open to trading for pullets (down 3 oops-es leaves us with only 4 pullets) or finding him a loving flock to join
D5539B4C-A1CD-4B44-96C9-26458622930A.jpeg

Anybody in the Natick area missing a polish hen? Found her in our parking garage near Speen St. I've taken her home and she is safe and eating/drinking well.

UPDATE: The owners have been found! A coworker (big company, 2500+) was building a new coop this weekend and she went missing. He finally saw the post on our internal yammer page today. She actually managed to hitch a ride in her owners truck from Medfield to Natick which is about an 11 mile trip!

Attachments

• Image Today at 9_29_56 AM.JPEG
    Image Today at 9_29_56 AM.JPEG
    160.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Anybody in the Natick area missing a polish hen? Found her in our parking garage near Speen St. I've taken her home and she is safe and eating/drinking well.
Have you tried animal control to see if someone has reported her missing?

Glad you found her and were able to catch her. We've had a few Polish, and all have been special needs in some way. From the failure to thrive chicks, the cockerel who thought the sky was falling and ran around screaming all the time, the pullet with a horrible case of scoliosis of the neck, and yes, a hen who aimlessly wandered a few times. First time she almost walked into a busy road. Second time she was returned by animal control from the next town after she was found a quarter mile away laying an egg under a bush. Third time she wandered off into deep snow, and was never seen again. We no longer have Polish.

Have you tried animal control to see if someone has reported her missing?

Glad you found her and were able to catch her. We've had a few Polish, and all have been special needs in some way. From the failure to thrive chicks, the cockerel who thought the sky was falling and ran around screaming all the time, the pullet with a horrible case of scoliosis of the neck, and yes, a hen who aimlessly wandered a few times. First time she almost walked into a busy road. Second time she was returned by animal control from the next town after she was found a quarter mile away laying an egg under a bush. Third time she wandered off into deep snow, and was never seen again. We no longer have Polish.

Contacted both Natick and Framingham, neither particularly helpful but Framingham at least took my name. Posted around to some facebook groups as well hoping someone sees it.

I have a polish flock (oh...as you can probably see by my picture lol.)
If you don't find her owner I would certainly adopt her.
Amy

UPDATE: The owners have been found! A coworker (big company, 2500+) was building a new coop this weekend and she went missing. He finally saw the post on our internal yammer page today. She actually managed to hitch a ride in her owners truck from Medfield to Natick which is about an 11 mile trip!

I have two 5 month old roosters that I need to rehome. Anyone interested? One is an Easter Egger/Comet mix and the other is a Comet.

Attachments

• Easter Egger Comet.jpg
    Easter Egger Comet.jpg
    658.1 KB · Views: 8
  • comet.jpg
    comet.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom