BYC members in Massachusetts?

I have a 10 week old Speckled Sussex Roo that I am trying to rehome ('he' was supposed to be a 'she')...anyone interested in giving him a good home? I'm in Lakeville (near the Cape)
IMG_1679.jpg

By any chance is anyone in northeastern MA looking for a black silkie cockerel?

My son and I found 3 dumped silkie cockerels in Concord. They are still young (haven't heard crowing yet), they seem well cared for and have no external parasites. They look too good to be hatchery stock though one does have a single comb. They have been very well behaved as we were able to simply walk over, pick them up and stuff them in boxes for the ride home. We couldn't leave them there - it would be highly unlikely they would survive the night, and if they did they'd have to get through tomorrow's storm.

So if you or anyone you know would like a cute little cockerel let us know!

20200803_140222.jpg
20200803_140220.jpg

Yeah
By any chance is anyone in northeastern MA looking for a black silkie cockerel?

My son and I found 3 dumped silkie cockerels in Concord. They are still young (haven't heard crowing yet), they seem well cared for and have no external parasites. They look too good to be hatchery stock though one does have a single comb. They have been very well behaved as we were able to simply walk over, pick them up and stuff them in boxes for the ride home. We couldn't leave them there - it would be highly unlikely they would survive the night, and if they did they'd have to get through tomorrow's storm.

So if you or anyone you know would like a cute little cockerel let us know!

View attachment 2274972View attachment 2274973
I wish... but sadly the silkie roo spot is taken

If it weren't for a Chantecler rooster we really like, and an oops cockerel in this year's batch of chicks, we'd consider keeping them.

Unfortunately they aren't the first birds we've found dumped there. They were just the first we were able to catch!

Back
Top Bottom