BYC members in Massachusetts?

I didn't know Ericsons had chicks LOL
their feed prices were too high for me. I go to Derry NH for my Non-GMO feed from Green Mountain ;) Speaking of which I need to go tomorrow lol
@Chickies11 I will stop at Dodge Grain and see if they have chicks and let you know. If you are near Burlington MA I could grab 3 if they have your kind and drop them off ?
I got my first RIR chicks from them in 2018. Most of the farm supply stores carry chicks but usually in Spring and early summer. Since then I’ve been getting my new chicks from Townsend Farmer’s Exchange. You do need to pre order them. I’ve had good luck with them and they do a very good job of sexing them.

No chicks at Erickson’s right now. They only have them in Spring I think.

As for their prices, they’re competitive for Nutrina and Purina duck food. Shavings are like a buck more but have no sticks in them. Other stuff is more expensive, but TSC in Leominster is a bit of a drive, and their up selling makes me nuts!

No chicks at Erickson’s right now. They only have them in Spring I think.

As for their prices, they’re competitive for Nutrina and Purina duck food. Shavings are like a buck more but have no sticks in them. Other stuff is more expensive, but TSC in Leominster is a bit of a drive, and their up selling makes me nuts
I agree. I only went to Erickson’s because I went by them on my way home from work. I’m retired now and have no desire to travel that far. Yes the TSC in Leominster is a bit of a pain and I generally only buy scratch and shavings from them. Everything else I buy from Townsend Farmer’s Exchange.

I'm located in the South Coast region and I've got a gorgeous Ameraucana mix Frizzle Splash rooster. The breeder outcrossed to get the frizzle, but she also breeds pure Ameraucana splash, which is where he got most of his genes. He's six months old and just started crowing. Gentle with people and hens. Here's a link to a picture of his dad.

I call him Henry. If you've got some blue Ameraucana's you can soon have your own frizzle layer flock! He's free to a good home.

IMG_0591.JPEG

IMG_0586.JPEG

I've got yet another broody gal and since I don't want any more bantam silkie crosses at the moment...
I'm looking for meat or dual purpose eggs to put under my broody silkie ASAP. Please message me and let me know what you've got, how much for six eggs, and where you are. (I'm north of Worcester, MA but willing to travel)
Thanks fellow MA chicken peeps!

I've got yet another broody gal and since I don't want any more bantam silkie crosses at the moment...
I'm looking for meat or dual purpose eggs to put under my broody silkie ASAP. Please message me and let me know what you've got, how much for six eggs, and where you are. (I'm north of Worcester, MA but willing to travel)
Thanks fellow MA chicken peeps!
I have plenty of dual purpose eggs. I can give you half a dozen for $8.
Located in Westfield MA

I have hatching eggs available for pickup in Western MA- $8 for a half dozen, or $15 for a dozen.
My flock consists of dual purpose breeds like Barred Rocks, Wyandottes, and Sex-Links, as well as many ornamental breeds, prolific egg-layers, and a few banties.
Message me if you are interested.

What is everyone doing to get ready for the Henri Hurricane?
I need to decide if I want to completely cover the run area and tie it down tight tight or take all the covers off (it's fully wired) so wind doesn't try to lift it up. It's got plenty of weight on the bottom to hold it down and I will be putting more 80# blocks tied on to the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom