BYC members in Massachusetts?

Pics
I am looking for an old english game bantam roo - BB Red. Preferably in southern VT as it is for my dad. I would consider trading an old english hen for a nice roo. Looking to get some genetic diversity in my flock.

Last edited:
i have two or three bantam partridge wyandotte roos that need a good home...anyone looking?
they're 6 weeks old, and very sweet--hand raised, cute and tame.
i'm in medford, ma

Hi fellow MA people!

I am somewhat new here, I am in Western MA (Southampton). Most of my neighbors have chickens (farms) and I finally was able to join the fun
big_smile.png
I currently have a 4/5 week old African Grey Goose Mr. Wiggles, 1 Acona Black duck Jane. 2 EE Dolly and Shadow, 1 Black Australorp Snoopy, and 2 Partridge Rocks still to be named. It is nice to see that there are others around in the area
smile.png

Quote:
Howdy neighbor! If you are ever looking to get more chickens, I'm on Fomer Rd. I currently have a Sumatra roo and a mixed Sumatra/Andalusian roo I'm trying to give away (I'd like to get down to at least a 1:2 rooster to hen ratio) and I'm going to be hatching out at least once more this summer.

X2

I've lived in MA way longer than I intended and this is the worst series of storms we've experienced. Much of the state repeatedly hit with severe thunder storms, and unfortunately 3 tornados, too. My prayers are with you.

I work in Springfield and didn't realize the tornado had actually touched down and almost drove right into it leaving work. Thank god it changed direction and I was able to leave the street I was on, I don't think I have ever been that scared in my life. I have friends in Westfield who luckily did not have any house damage, a friend in Monson who is devastated with how much damage the town took and a former classmate who did loose her house and car but thank god she is ok.

They said we had 10 minute warnings but there are no sirens here as Tornados are not exactly typical, I don't think I ever want to see one that up close ever again. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who was affected by this
sad.png
I am hoping the rest of the summer is very uneventful.

On a cute note my Mom was at my house and had the cellar all ready so she could go out and grab my goose and duck just incase she said my Son would handle the chicks she said she knew I would be heartbroken if anything happened to them. I have a wonderful Mom
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom