BYC members in Massachusetts?

Pics
suzannaski--sorry you lost some birds to a predator! Yes, baby skunks smell too. DH went to pick some dog food and chix food bags I had tossed out the door (headed for the trash) and jumped back. A baby skunk was inside looking for a kibble! He left quickly without incident; next day found him on the road. HBC. Living with wildlife has its challenges.

Kanna--sorry I missed your post! A loud voiced creature of any sort is not for me; even my dogs are non-barkers. They save their voices for when it's important! Glad you found a home for the marans. Good to know you are NPIP, too. I have been back to this thread until today. Sorry!

Mass. PEEPS: I have some beautiful Ameraucana teenaged roos who are in need of a good home. I live in Suffield, CT, right on the Mass border. If you're interested, please let me know (email is the quickest way to reach me: [email protected]

They come from great lines. Here's a picture of some of them (in the foreground):

43104_7-18-11_34.jpg

Last edited:
Arielle- thanks for the condolences.

Adozengirls- the photo looks like you have either normal sized hens with dollhouse sized coops or normal sized coops with monster hens! LOL!
Sorry I don't need any right now, I have 6 15-week Ameraucanas (my "biker chicks" cuz I named them all after motorcycles) and I just got 6 2-week old Ameraucana/Araucana chicks (haven't named them yet, but thinking of hippie names) and then finally, I have a bunch more in the incubator.

All these chickens and only two lay eggs! The rest are either too young, too old or too male.
wink.png

Quote:
Twinlights - have you found some? I don't know any Call duck breeders, but I think I know a guy that should.
Mitch

Quote:
I know that feeling. I have 13 hens, (all over 1 year old) two are broody, and I'm only getting 0 - 5 eggs a day! I think they're eating them. I have to let them know I'M supposed to be eating them, not THEM! Also have got to get rid of some. At least my Buckeyes are growing well. They will be both breeding stock & my main egg (and extra males are meat) producers - the way they should be used.
Another nice day here,
Mitch

Last edited:
Quote:
Twinlights - have you found some? I don't know any Call duck breeders, but I think I know a guy that should.
Mitch

Thank you! Yes, I did find some. Got a nice young drake and three hens, gray calls. My daughter loves them.

Quote:
Mitch

Thank you! Yes, I did find some. Got a nice young drake and three hens, gray calls. My daughter loves them.

Good! Glad she likes them!
Mitch

I have a modern game hen cross breed (was bought as an ameraucana chick). It's 15 weeks old now, and looks male. I can bring it to townsend if someone wants it.

Yay, found the MA thread! Newbie here! Nice to meet you all! Looking forward to getting some new little babies as the 2 BR's I have now are Roo's I believe! So disappointing... wishing I had tons of land so I could keep them.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom