BYC Poo Page - Warning, Pictures

Probably, but I'll never be sure, 'cause I treated her with Corid, Safeguard, metronidazole and Baytril.

-Kathy

Very informative thread. Thanks for starting it, Kathy. Regarding your treatment of the above peafowl, did you give all 4 meds at the same treatment time?
I saw on one of your many posts that you will give corid and antibiotic at the same time. What meds are ok to be taken concurrently and which ones are best by themselves?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Tammy

Probably, but I'll never be sure, 'cause I treated her with Corid, Safeguard, metronidazole and Baytril.

-Kathy

Very informative thread. Thanks for starting it, Kathy. Regarding your treatment of the above peafowl, did you give all 4 meds at the same treatment time?
I saw on one of your many posts that you will give corid and antibiotic at the same time. What meds are ok to be taken concurrently and which ones are best by themselves?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Tammy

I do give all at the same time. Later I will post the dugs interactions for those four drugs.

-Kathy

Abnormal cecal poop from my 8 year old OEGB hen

my run was full of poop like that. it was too hot and some of the chickens had worms. what is wrong with your chicken?

it is cooler now and I wormed chickens so that might be a reason I don't see poop like that any more or at least not often.

my run was full of poop like that. it was too hot and some of the chickens had worms. what is wrong with your chicken?

it is cooler now and I wormed chickens so that might be a reason I don't see poop like that any more or at least not often.
I gave her Baycox yesterday, and will give it one more time today. If that fixes it, it was coccidiosis. If it doesn't, I will give her Safeguard.

-Kathy

would canker cause poop like that?

can baycox and flagyl be given together? my birds have already been wormed and their poop mostly turned to normal. some birds are still skinny and I found canker sores at 1 roo. another one in another coop is skinny and he used to have cocci, no visible signs of canker. 2 other birds with him are skinny too. they all eat like pigs and their crops are like big balloons. their poop wasn't as bad as in the above pics but didn't look normal to me. we had a lot of rain and mud about a month ago and they ate a lot of earthworms and slugs.

Your thread is most informative! However i didn't see any like this...

any thoughts?

would canker cause poop like that? can baycox and flagyl be given together? my birds have already been wormed and their poop mostly turned to normal. some birds are still skinny and I found canker sores at 1 roo. another one in another coop is skinny and he used to have cocci, no visible signs of canker. 2 other birds with him are skinny too. they all eat like pigs and their crops are like big balloons. their poop wasn't as bad as in the above pics but didn't look normal to me. we had a lot of rain and mud about a month ago and they ate a lot of earthworms and slugs.
Baycox and Flagyl can be given at the same time.

Coccidiosis, worms, or enteritis are where I would start. Can you get a poo sample to a vet?

Unfortunately not we don'thave an avian vet. I treated with corid and it got better. However they started to have blood tinged poo and they haven't gained any weight since stopping the corid. So I restarted the corrid, but found this thread and was able to identify worms. Do worms cause some of the same symptoms as cocci? Puffed up feathers, sleepiness, blood tinged poo?
Does wazine 17 work as a decent wormer?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom