BYC Poo Page - Warning, Pictures

It tends to come in outbreaks...normally in the Spring due to black flies and biting midges...it has been reported in North America but does not appear to be a common disease...

Can affect many birds...turkeys, waterfowl, chickens...

Current treatment so far for five pound hen:

Five days worming with Safeguard at 18mg/kg (0.4ml)
Five days Corid at ~20mg/kg

Third fecal shows no coccidia, but still some capillary worms.

-Kathy

Forgot to mention that the Safeguard and Corid have already been given, along with a short course of Baytril and hen is hen is still on metronidazole.

-Kathy

This has been going on for months. Have used safeguard, corid, and tylan. Hen was going though molt at the same time and was losing weight, almost 30%. Feathers are back, weight is going up but poop is still soft. The top two pictures are the most recent, the bottom three are from before the corid and tylan.

@11mini , when you gave the Safeguard, did you give 0.23ml per pound for five days or did you give just one dose?

-Kathy

@11mini , when you gave the Safeguard, did you give 0.23ml per pound for five days or did you give just one dose?

-Kathy
Yes I did 5 days but I don't think I was using enough only .6-.7ml She was below 4lbs at that point. That was 8 weeks ago. She is back up to 4.5lbs now. I was going to do 1ml for 5 more days.

This is what I see every day in the poop tray. Normal poop from 2 birds, wet pile under the third one.
LL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom