BYC Poo Page - Warning, Pictures

Since I see your online. I am going to ask about my peacock to day I had to catch him to look him over since he is not used to me touching him he put up quite a fight. He lost a lot of wing feathers the striped and the beige and the fluffys from behind his tail feathers. Is there time for him to grow new ones. The pen looks like I started to pluck up and changed my mind. He did not lost any tail feathers thank goodness.

Since I see your online. I am going to ask about my peacock to day I had to catch him to look him over since he is not used to me touching him he put up quite a fight. He lost a lot of wing feathers the striped and the beige and the fluffys from behind his tail feathers. Is there time for him to grow new ones. The pen looks like I started to pluck up and changed my mind. He did not lost any tail feathers thank goodness.
Is it cold where you live?

-Kathy

So after reading the 16 pages about poo,,,I've got a question. I know I've had round worms and coccidia in the past..Instead of doing some fecal test when i think one of my hen goes down hill, can I just do a general dewormer as " preventative " treatment?. If yes, which one would have the best broad spectrum and how often should I treat them. Also, my vet told me to withdraw the eggs up to 2 to 3 weeks after deworming..No one seemed to mention that..Is that necessary for such a long period of time?
Thank you

Claire

So after reading the 16 pages about poo,,,I've got a question. I know I've had round worms and coccidia in the past..Instead of doing some fecal test when i think one of my hen goes down hill, can I just do a general dewormer as " preventative " treatment?. If yes, which one would have the best broad spectrum and how often should I treat them. Also, my vet told me to withdraw the eggs up to 2 to 3 weeks after deworming..No one seemed to mention that..Is that necessary for such a long period of time?
Thank you

Claire
you can worm your chickens without testing them. withdrawal time for eggs shouldn't be so long (usually 1-3 days). it should be mentioned on the package.

as I live on the other side of the planet I will not suggest you what warmer to use.

Thank you

Claire

When one of mine is sick, I almost always de-worm them with Safeguard. 14 days seems to be how long most people wait before eating eggs with something that doesn't list egg withdrawal time.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom