!! BYC Recognition Awards ~ January-March 2013 WINNERS ANNOUNCED !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Congrats to the winners!

I also nominated a worthy candidate for the educator award and am disappointed to not see them getting their much deserved badge. Do these nominations carry over to next month or do we have to go through the process again, or does the lack of award mean you have "rejected" any nominations that were put forward?

There have been a lot of questions - I will try to answer the best I can, but I am only one member of the Award Team, so I can speak only for myself as to my review process of the nominations. But hopefully I can address most of your concerns.

1) Yes - nominations are carried forward. You don't need to re-submit them.

2) As with any new program, we had a HUGE influx of nominations the first 2 months. Some members received as many as 10 nominations; some members received only one nomination. And to further complicate matters, for those that received multiple nominations, most received them in multiple categories. The nominations have slowed substantially, and now members are receiving only one, maybe two, nominations.

3) We have also received MANY nominations for members that received awards in prior months. I think people are looking at the current list of winners only when making nominations, and not looking back over the past couple of months' winners.

So, as we review and VALIDATE the nominations, you can see we have a lot to sort thru, and a lot to read. We really do go to the nominee's posts and read what they have to say; what forums they frequent; are they active members? I have found myself going off in tangents reading posts, and a 1/2 hour later I have to remind myself what I'm supposed to be doing. I've learned more about my fellow BYCers in the past three months than in the past couple of years. I've been to so many different state threads, it's like being on vacation. And I've visited so many threads for poultry other than chickens! Not to mention the forums on breeding, incubating, pests, even the games & jokes forum!

While a nominee that receives only one nomination is EQUALLY eligible to receive an award as a member that has received 10 nominations, that has to be a consideration at some point. So sometimes that single nomination may be carried forward to the next month.

Tougher decisions come when a member receives nominations in multiple categories - and we have to make a TEAM decision as to what we feel is most appropriate.

In the near future, I expect that the Team may have to address awarding a member a second badge, or possibly upgrading a badge, based on new nominations received.

I hope this has answered some of everyone's questions. I think this is a great all-around program for BYC: 1) Members have a chance to recognize and thank their peers; 2) Awardees know their contributions are appreciated and valued; and 3) Readers can know that they are receiving advice and information from members deemed trustworthy by their peers.

Thank you again to everyone for participating, and keep those nominations coming!

thank you.
smile.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

That must be a fantastic job to have.
That's very helpful info though, thanks for posting it.
caf.gif

You are all so sweet. I don't know who to thank, whoever was kind enough to nominate me for the BYC spirit, I could just hug you. Just know that this farmer gal out here on the falling off part of Georgia, almost falling into Alabama, really appreciates the honor and well, I'm really speechless!!! Just thank you thank you thank you.....Now I must find a hankie for my tears of joy....

Love, prayers and hugs to all!!!!
love.gif
Farmer Nancy, also know as the egg pusher!

Last edited:
Just a reminder that you can all nominate one person for each category monthly- get to nominatin'!! --- Nomination Submission Form ---

July is nearly over, and we know you have been touched by someone here in our fabulous chicken community. This is your opportunity to give back and support the folks who make this place great.

Thanks, everyone!

Reminder info:

We are now accepting nominations from the Community for those individual Members that consistently demonstrate a commitment to excellence in one or more of the following areas:

1) BYC Educator – These individuals are very knowledgeable and skilled in one or more facets of poultry breeding, raising and/or showing. Most peeps trust the knowledge and advice they give.

2) BYC Friend – These individuals are just plain fun and great to have around! They are our favorite comedians and enablers; our most cluckative. They are always accessible to lend a cordial and helping hand. Their enthusiasm encourages us – their empathy comforts us.

3) BYC Spirit – These individuals best demonstrate ALL-AROUND outstanding service and commitment to the BYC members and community. While maybe not “expert” educators, they are trusted Educators nonetheless, as well as Friends to all. They are dedicated to the BYC Community as a whole, and strive to help promote, support and uphold its values and goals.

Nomination & Award Process:

1) Use this Nomination Submission Form to make your nomination, and be sure to include a brief comment on why you are nominating the individual. Nominations with no comment and only a name cannot be accepted.

2) Members may place in nomination a maximum of three (3) members per month; however, you may nominate only one (1) member per award category per month.

3) Nominations are automatically forwarded to the BYC Awards Committee. They will validate and tabulate all nominations.

4) Member must be active and in good standing in the BYC community to receive and/or retain awards.

5) Members may be nominated for, and be awarded, in more than one award category; eligibility requirements must be met for each individual award.

6) Members may not nominate themselves for any award; all self-nominations will be voided.

7) Once a month, qualified Awardees will be announced and Badges given.

8) The Awards Committee, at its discretion and by majority vote, may elect to reclassify a nomination to a more appropriate award classification.

9) All nominations shall remain confidential and known only to the Awards Committee and BYC Staff.

10) The Members of the Awards Committee shall remain confidential and known only to BYC Staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom