BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

You manage to do three things at one time - inspire me, impress me and intimidate the pee-wadding outta me!
bow.gif

I thought since everyone is sharing I may as well share my fiasco! I started this in 2005 and put it down a few years later (2007) then started up on it again in 2010 and of course, put it away again because of moving. I never got back to it until about 3 weeks ago and have been sewing like mad! I have 2 large blocks to finish and I'm done with the top. It's called a Nickel Quilt and this one is called Idaho Beauty. AQS I belonged to started it and I am so pleased to have it almost done. It'll be a queen size-in the picture it's folded in half -so I'll have to send it out to have it quited. I still have some rows to sew which is why some look crooked. I'm not an expert and have taught myself so be gentle on my ego. :)

I thought since everyone is sharing I may as well share my fiasco! I started this in 2005 and put it down a few years later (2007) then started up on it again in 2010 and of course, put it away again because of moving. I never got back to it until about 3 weeks ago and have been sewing like mad! I have 2 large blocks to finish and I'm done with the top. It's called a Nickel Quilt and this one is called Idaho Beauty. AQS I belonged to started it and I am so pleased to have it almost done. It'll be a queen size-in the picture it's folded in half -so I'll have to send it out to have it quited. I still have some rows to sew which is why some look crooked. I'm not an expert and have taught myself so be gentle on my ego. :)

Congrats on your near finish. Nice scrappy quilt. If a quilt doesn't have perfectly matching points it still keeps you as warm. A finished quilt is better then a perfect quilt.

I found the border fabric I am going to use on my La Pass. It is a starry night type print it has a wide stripe that repeats length of fabric wise. I will place the darker side towards the quilt and the lighter strip towards the outer edge. It reminds me of Doctor Who (Who fans will get why) and every quilt needs a little DW.

I love this scrappy quilt! You've done a very nice job on it and I'm sure it feels oh-so-good to finish up a project that has been around for awhile. I just finally sent a wedding gift quilt to the quilters that was started in 2004 (good thing, they are still married).

Back
Top Bottom