BYC Spinning Fiber

It is actually a Ravelry event.....so each person participates from their own home. Then you post pictures of what you have spun. It really is fun.....but i always seem to be busy. It runs the same days as the Tour de France.
Oh! Sweet. I have a ravelry account but have only used it for patterns. I was unaware of the other uses. (Ravelry still doesn't have an app, right?)

A while ago, I purchased a drop spindle and began the journey of spinning. I'm now the proud owner of an Ashford Traditional spinning wheel! Here is my first completed 100 yard chunky 50/50 NZ Romney skein.

Last edited:
A while ago, I purchased a drop spindle and began the journey of spinning. I'm now the proud owner of an Ashford Traditional spinning wheel! Here is my first completed 100 yard chunky 50/50 NZ Romney skein.

Yay, that is some great looking yarn! Im so happy for you that you got a wheel. I have an old traditional and still love it. The new onesare so pretty. You are off to a good start! Please post more photos. That is my Ashford Kiwi in my avatar. I painted the wheel.

Yay, that is some great looking yarn! Im so happy for you that you got a wheel. I have an old traditional and still love it. The new onesare so pretty. You are off to a good start! Please post more photos. That is my Ashford Kiwi in my avatar. I painted the wheel.
Nice! I will surely keep posting pictures. It is enjoyable when others can appreciate the work that goes into traditional crafts. :) I'd love to see some pictures of your and others work too!

Love the green. The colors really set each other off nicely.

Back
Top Bottom