Ended BYC's 2022 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!—Critter Halloween Costume Contest

Pics

EverythingDucks

🙄🤚 𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝙳𝚞𝚌𝚔
Premium Feather Member
May 7, 2020
The Bermuda Triangle
2022 critter costume.png

Why should we humans have all the fun of dressing up for Halloween? We want you to see your amazing pets showing us their wild side. Spooky, scary, funny, or charming. We want to see your pets in their best Halloween costumes. So grab your camera, and ask your pet what they want to be for Halloween. We all like being someone else for Halloween. Show us what your pet wants to be.

Photography tips from fellow BYC members:

How to enter:
It's easy to enter, just take pictures of your pets, livestock, or domestic poultry in a Halloween costume and post them in this thread.

Rules:
  1. All pets, livestock, and domestic poultry are allowed.
  2. Four entries per member. An entry is one picture of your pet, livestock, or domestic poultry wearing a Halloween costume. One entry per post, please.
  3. The picture needs to have been taken by you.
  4. You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC-sponsored contest.
  5. Basic editing such as cropping and other subtle changes are allowed.
  6. Images that have been resized might be disqualified if they are too small to judge.
  7. Extra consideration for picture quality!
  8. No screenshots, and no watermarks, date stamps, text, etc. on the picture.
  9. ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  10. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  11. Open to all BYC members.
  12. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  13. Entries will be accepted through November 4th at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Prizes
If entries warrant we will have two categories, "poultry" and "non-poultry".
PlacePrize
First$50 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 1-year PFM ($60 value) for yourself or a friend.
Second$30 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for yourself or a friend.
Third$15 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for yourself or a friend.
Fourth1-month PFM
BYC Store Gift Certificates are available to winners that reside in the United States. If the winners are outside of the United States, they will be awarded the PFM.

2021 Costume Contest Winners
From left to right, photos by: @EverythingDucks, @CSAchook, @Graphichick, & @Faraday40

2020 Costume Contest Winners
115BF3E5-769E-4DB9-A002-0F994789C441.jpeg
DSC_99999 (8).JPG
1605054678887.png
From left to right, photos by: @CSAchook, @crittercaretech, & @CadenceRose

full

Previous Costume Contests
full

If you have not yet joined us at the 🎃🦇BYC's 2022 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!🦇🎃, click HERE and come say hi!​

will do all four of my enteries in a few days. all will be chickens (unless I can get Coco to stay still wearing a witch hat long enough to take a picture ;) ) If I really like doing chicken costumes, I may end up doing 5+ costumes, and just entering the ones I like best :p
two of my ideas + the chickens modeling
bride, modeled by @Aunt Angus 's adoption, Bethlehen.
Odette (from the Swan Lake Ballet) modeled by Odile, a black hen, (anyone who likes ballet will get the joke) who was adopted by @Lovely Lettie

EDIT: now I think I will also do an Irish Dance costume for one of my chicks. Maybe Snowy (she's the only one that I still think is a "she")
of course, nobody will be too specific aout throwing a girl costume onto a boy chicken, right????

Last edited:
will do all four of my enteries in a few days. all will be chickens (unless I can get Coco to stay still wearing a witch hat long enough to take a picture ;) ) If I really like doing chicken costumes, I may end up doing 5+ costumes, and just entering the ones I like best :p
two of my ideas + the chickens modeling
bride, modeled by @Aunt Angus 's adoption, Bethlehen.
Odette (from the Swan Lake Ballet) modeled by Odile, a black hen, (anyone who likes ballet will get the joke) who was adopted by @Lovely Lettie
I can't wait to see them!

Back
Top Bottom