bye

yuckyuck.gif
its probably better if we keep our moths shut on this one ... lol

One of my pet peeves is when a poster deletes the content of their thread. I've notice this happen on a few occasions.

I think it's immature & shows a lack of respect for the community in general. I mean if you are going to post your opinion on something online, you can bet at least 1 person is not going to agree with you. It seems a few individual's when presented with a majority of dissenting reply's , decide it is better to delete their original post rather than respond.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are totally within their rights to ask that a post be locked, but deletion of content that has already been read by others is just childish.

Often I will use the quote function when replying to poster's that seem to like to delete often. Then I have to listen to them whine that I need to edit my post in their PM's to me. My new rule of thumb is to just ignore ALL their future posts, cause in general these people are not worth responding to. Cause unless you agree with them, they will just delete a post that was able to provide a look at opposing views.

We all are different on here, come from many diverse backgrounds, & we need to all act like adults & respect each other's opinion, whether we agree with them or not.

Last edited:
One of my pet peeves is when a poster deletes the content of their thread. I've notice this happen on a few occasions.

I think it's immature & shows a lack of respect for the community in general. I mean if you are going to post your opinion on something online, you can bet at least 1 person is not going to agree with you. It seems a few individual's when presented with a majority of dissenting reply's , decide it is better to delete their original post rather than respond.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are totally within their rights to ask that a post be locked, but deletion of content that has already been read by others is just childish.

Often I will use the quote function when replying to poster's that seem to like to delete often. Then I have to listen to them whine that I need to edit my post in their PM's to me. My new rule of thumb is to just ignore ALL their future posts, cause in general these people are not worth responding to. Cause unless you agree with them, they will just delete a post that was able to provide a look at opposing views.

I completely agree. it happen today and I dont understand why people can stand behind what they say. It is even worse when someone deletes it just because someone disagrees...

missed something here.... What could someone get so mad at to leave such an informative site???

Not everyone feels that the locked threads and censorship (not my words) here are beneficial, that it is too controlled. NOT SAYING I AGREE, just saying!
It is supposed to be an informative site, but it is also a place people come to socialize so with 6500 people, you get mixed opinions.​

Quote:
I agree with you LCRT. I find it really obnoxious when I've replied to a post only to go back and find that the original post has been completely changed and what I've written no longer had relevance.

I edit for spelling (quite often
roll.png
) but I wouldn't feel it polite to just change my post completely just because people disagreed with me.
hmm.png

I really don't want anyone to leave, so I won't be saying bye to anyone.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom