Cackle Hatchery Is The Greatest!!

dobasham

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 30, 2010
Cool Ridge wv
I had never ordered chicks before, but I could not pass up Cackle Hatchery's small order special, which allowed me to order only 10 bantams.....well, they sent me 11 and 8 ended up either DOA or died within hours of arriving. I called them and they were so friendly and helpful!! They asked me if I wanted a full refund or a reship and I asked them to reship. This time the mail kept them in the system for 4 days, so upon arrival, only 2 of the 15 they had sent me were alive, and only one survived. I called them again and they were very apologetic and told me they would call me back with an explanation, which they did, explaining that West Virginia had many more hubs than most states and that express shipping would probably be needed. They again offered a reship, but my heart was so broken that I told them no, and they gave me a FULL REFUND INCLUDING SHIPPING!!! The ladies I spoke to were so helpful and nice. I don't regret ordering from them one bit and would order again if the postal service in this state was better!! Cackle definitely gets an A+++++.

Even though you lost almost all of the chicks I think it's real nice to hear someone as understanding as you. It sounds like they really tried to make things right for you. I've never ordered from them but I did have a similar thing happen when I ordered from Ideal. I ordered Japanese bantams and they starting dying soon after arrival. They reshipped too. They mentioned that the bantams get chilled easier during shipping. A+++++++++++++ for you too.
thumbsup.gif

My first backyard flock I ordered were all from Cackle and luckily I never lost one chick. They were all healthy, friendly birds. The customer service from Cackle was always great when I used them. Their Dominiques are great birds too.

Back
Top Bottom