Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics

cwc362

Crowing
14 Years
Sep 26, 2008
Huntingdon- West Tn
Looking through some of the hatcheries specials I came across Cackle Hatchery's Hatchery Surprise. It is 39.95. Below is what I copied and pasted below. My question is- Has anybody got this assortment before and is it really a bargain? Also has anyone ordered from Cackle before. Would like some feedback from those who have . It doesn't make clear what kind of birds and was wondering if this possibley includes ducks and geese also.

Thanks - Wayne
Hatchery Surprise

Like Surprises?
No choice of kind or amount of birds but we guarantee a bargain.

Hatchery Choice are shipped at 1 day of age, the chicks arrive at your post office at 2-3 days of age
Breed Abbrv Group QTY Price
To Purchase
Hatchery Surprise Hatchery Choice 1

My sister ordered it for my grandmother two years ago. If I recall correctly there were 2 turkeys, 2 ducks and 45 chickens. There were alot of different breeds. Some I remember are Polish, Cochins, Black Stars, Leghorns, Buff Orps. For the price we were really pleased. She didn't loose a single in shipping. Hope that helps.

I ordered this last May. This is what I received :
1 Goose- gander, chinese
2 turkeys -both toms, 1 bbb, 1bbw
2 guineas- both female, both pearl
2 ducks- both female, one crested blue swedish, one cayuga
about 30 chicks
2 female california white
1 pair buttercups
2 female light brahmas
2 pair silver laced wyandotte
2 female cochins
2 female red shouldered yokohama
1 pair white crested blue polish
2 pair white crested black polish
4 male silver laced polish
2 female jersey giants
6 male and 1 female buff orpington

One orpington had a crossed beak, but all others were healthy. Quality was good, not show quality, but very nice for a hatchery.

Hope this helps!

54 Chicks (1DOA), 1 Blue Slate Turkey, and 1 Rouen Duckling!!
1 more chick passed shortly after coming home. All the rest seem to be doing good.
Lots of cochins! (our fav) and we got a golden spitz so happy because we lost our golden spitz roo a few weeks back.
chicks1.jpg
chicks2.jpg
chicks3.jpg

We got our surprise box 2 weeks ago. Got 85 chicks and a turkey. 25 of the 85 was another package we purchased but 60 chicks isn't bad!! I know we've got quite a few ees, gold laced wyandottes, silver laced wyandottes, and a turkey. Lots of reds, yellows and chipmunks. Got some I'm not sure what they are, either polish, silkies, or sultans.

Without photos it did not happen..............
wink.png

pop.gif
caf.gif

I agree i wont buy from them again either s mine kept dropping like flies they sent a scissor beak along with a double beaked bird that died. Seems there birds are inbred over bred etc. ive ordered from mcmurray lasy year the whole order came dead. But got my money back. Ive ordered from allot of different hatcheries even gotten chicks off ebay with less problems then cackle. No wonders the surprise is cheap...there the sick birds there throwing out.

OKAY...YOU FOLKS HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR CHICKS..DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THESE LIL THINGS GO THRU IN THE MAIL??? I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED SICK CHICKS FROM ANY HATCHERIES..I HAVE PURCHASED MULTIPLE HATCHERY SURPRISES AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS...SHIPPING IS VERY, VERY TOUGH ON CHICKS...I LOST 12 CHICKS FROM IDEAL BUT I DID NOT COMPLAIN AS I KNOW ITS FROM SHIPPING STRESS...SO IF YA DO NOT WANT TO DEAL WITH THESE ISSUES BUY LOCAL OR HATCH YOUR OWN EGGS....ITS A GAMBLE JUST. LIKE BUYING HATCHING EGGS..SOMETIMES YOU HAVE A GREAT HATCH AND SOMETIMES YOU GET NOTHING TO HATCH.THINK ABOUT THIS...IF HATCHERIES SOLD SICK CHICKS THEY WOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS...PERIOD....SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOUR LIL CHICKS ARE SO ILL BUT REALLY I DO NOT THINK IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE HATCHERY..I BET THEY HAD A VERY ROUGH TRIP IN THE MAIL....

Our babies arrived this morning!!! We got 61 live babies!! 1DOA. Including 2 ducks and 2 turkeys. We’re newbies so the only other things we can ID are two Naked necks, four polish, and four silver laced wyandotte.

Attachments

• 9307A69F-258D-44DF-9F17-C8C086FFAC0A.jpeg
    9307A69F-258D-44DF-9F17-C8C086FFAC0A.jpeg
    501.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 9E0CA04C-371D-4898-80F7-F72341FB9CFA.jpeg
    9E0CA04C-371D-4898-80F7-F72341FB9CFA.jpeg
    425.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 84FEDBDA-A565-4F00-A6E4-262D0A7B0525.jpeg
    84FEDBDA-A565-4F00-A6E4-262D0A7B0525.jpeg
    430.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 4D8D0262-3EDA-4D37-913C-BCFDD3D16C55.jpeg
    4D8D0262-3EDA-4D37-913C-BCFDD3D16C55.jpeg
    396.7 KB · Views: 74
Sultan
Blue Hamburg
Buff Orpington
WCB Polish
Easter Egger
White Things
Dominique
Silver Laced Polish
White Cochin
BBB Turkey
BBW Turkey
Silver Laced Hamburg
Lakenvelder
SL Spitzhauben
Welsummer?
Barred Rock
White Polish
White Yokohama
Red Shoulder Yokohama
Black Jersey Giant
Barnvelder
New Hampshire
Cuckoo Marans
Partridge Cochin
Houdan
Silver Laced Wyandotte
Golden Spitzhauben
Buff Polish
Sumatra
Blue Cochin
Black Sex Link
Golden Laced Polish

That's the list of breeds in the Hatchery Surprise that I received today--multiples of many of the varieties. Some of the breeds might be wrong--like I'm pretty sure one of the Easter eggers is a lavendar Ameraucana, and the Welsummer could be brown Leghorn, etc. I think 48 total... but could have counted wrong. Also included were extras of specific breeds I ordered (barred Rock bantams, and Rhode Island red bantams)

Back
Top Bottom