Calcium Question

Please @KClivlaughlove don't feel badly about this. You actually did everyone a service by bringing this to our attention. I take seriously the responsibility to provide accurate information. We all know how rife the internet is with the irresponsible spread of misinformation. That's why I could sleep. My sense of responsibility wouldn't let me.

I'm also of the age where my brain looks for any excuse at bedtime to wind up and make sleep impossible. I have them regularly in spite of a thread posting on BYC.

I just wish supplement manufacturers would take their responsibilities to their customers more seriously.

I noticed one more thing about Equate (Walmart store brand) Calcium citrate, They have a disclaimer in the tiniest print possible that states that it is not a product of Bayer which makes Citrical. China has full freedom to formulate this product any way they choose. If you compare them, they are not alike. I am going to quit buying it and buy the Bayer product instead in spite of the heftier price. I will quit recommending the Equate brand of calcium citrate as well.
I got the Top Care generic brand should I also change the brand due to the possibility of what you stated above regarding the Citrical? Where do I locate that tiny print on my bottle?

She is still alive. Doing much better, thanks to the people here that have gracefully offered their assistance and my many hours of research!
However, I also must include that I'm giving her allot more than just the calcium...Following the advice of many others on here, one of which is the”Lily of the Desert"-which made an immediate difference in her abdomen bloating. Within 2 hours of taking it she was already ¼ less bloated, then this morning almost down to ½ from where she started out before just that single dose given yesterday. Amazing! (She didn't even do that well on the products prescribed but the avian vet!!!)

I got the Top Care generic brand should I also change the brand due to the possibility of what you stated above regarding the Citrical? Where do I locate that tiny print on my bottle?
Get out a magnifying lens and begin at the front label. Read every word as you roll the bottle to the left as you would a comic strip. When I compared the information on two different bottles of calcium supplements for the thread I mad last night, the information was completely different.

But what it boils down to is the proper dose for a hen is one tablet from the 630mg bottle, and that tablet would be 315mg. It's what I've been recommending all along, but I was just not aware of it.

Gang, we will get through this together!

Get out a magnifying lens and begin at the front label. Read every word as you roll the bottle to the left as you would a comic strip. When I compared the information on two different bottles of calcium supplements for the thread I mad last night, the information was completely different.

But what it boils down to is the proper dose for a hen is one tablet from the 630mg bottle, and that tablet would be 315mg. It's what I've been recommending all along, but I was just not aware of it.

Gang, we will get through this together!
Again, sorry I'm research freak and at times I get too deep for my own good, and apparently for others good too. I truly am sorry for all this! I do so so so greatly appreciate all of everyone's help! I mean no, none, zero, ziltch... disrespect!

So I believe my hen is egg bound all day yester day she was very off then she was just standing in the nest box I went in there to lock them up and she was still in there. I brought her in gave her a bath with epsom salts and then blow dried her and put her on the roost this morning she’s the same! I know I should give her calcium but which way is the best way? She’s looking really really bad!!!
i gave my hen some calcium citrate with D3 today. used coconut oil and smashed half of a 630mg. rolled it all into a ball and sprinkled meal worms on top. good luck

Want to still try to help me out with another brain killer?

So she was prescribed smz-tmp 200/40 of the oral suspension at 1.5ml twice daily. So I bought the fishbiotics smz-tmp 800/160...I realize ¼ of these tablets=the oral amount, now how do I figure out how much of that ¼ tablet is 1.5ml? Make Sense?
Pic1=oral (RX only) prescribed at 1.5ml
Pic2=product I purchased to continue with her palpative care in place of pic1.
Pic3=Minus this calcium gluconate as I'm giving her the calcium as per we've been discussing until crisis is over and she's back to regular ongoing treatments, then I'll switch it over.
Pic4=Lily of the Desert in giving her 1 time daily to help with her abdomen bloating...WORKS FAST BTW!
Plus I'm ordering the Med7 (pet) brand of CBD oil 1500mg to help her with continued inflammation and pain.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231208-184258_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231208-184258_Chrome.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20231211-133856_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231211-133856_Chrome.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20231208-222749_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231208-222749_Chrome.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20231209-145701_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231209-145701_Chrome.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 7
i gave my hen some calcium citrate with D3 today. used coconut oil and smashed half of a 630mg. rolled it all into a ball and sprinkled meal worms on top. good luck
Oh, I just popped ½ tablet in her mouth she sealed it so I poped the other half in and she swallowed it. She LOVES THE TASTE OF THE LILY OF THE DESERT. She's a piggy girl so she wasted more but I had to deny her. She's also my impact and sour repeat gal. Couple years now of that on and off Alot! But we get that under control quickly now, no problem.
Good luck to you as well!

I just realized we are all writing back n forth under the poor gal who lost her girl some time back now!
I apologize...And an terribly sorry for your loss!
What's the best way to start a new thread to continue?

Back
Top Bottom