4 yo golden comet, won't eat any calcium, keeps getting eggbound

This is what @Eggcessive is referring to:
Equate-Calcium-Citrate-D3-Tablets-Dietary-Supplement-630-mg-180-Count_7a146466-e5fb-4c58-8c30-0135fa0bcd6f.fd592b5a45457354a49a42e8fe3dd56c.jpeg
Ohhh!!! Ok. I honestly thought just a Tums was what we were supposed to do.

Is she molting or not? Is she coming out of a molt? Molting hens do not lay eggs. I don’t think she should be egg bound if she is molting. If she is done, and egg bound, then give the calcium citrate with D tablet.

since she's not currently laying you mean your egg-bound chicken isn't laying, right? and my remaining girl, is just getting done with molting, you have one other hen besides this one, and because she's just coming out of molt, she's not laying either, right? So that's why - I don't have any eggs to spare at the moment.
do I understand correctly?

Is she molting or not? Is she coming out of a molt? Molting hens do not lay eggs. I don’t think she should be egg bound if she is molting. If she is done, and egg bound, then give the calcium citrate with D tablet.
She is molting. And has always laid through it, sporadically, but she is. And as I said, she just had her first egg since being bound, but it was bound again and I had to give her magnesium and calcium. She was then able to expell it. I know she shouldn't lay during molt, but what can I say, she does.

do I understand correctly?
I only have one working hen at the moment, and am low on eggs, cuz she is done with her molt and just started laying again. My golden comet is molting, but was once again bound with an egg yesterday. I managed to get her to expell it. This was her first egg since being bound with two. And yes, she has always laid during molt, sporadically, but she has always.

Back
Top Bottom