Calico Cochin Thread

Pics
Their color will probably change ALOT before they are done. My current rooster had a lot of white, similar to your boys pictured here, but he is much closer to Mille Fleur as an adult.
Puck at 3 months:

Puck Now (2 years old)

It's fun to keep a photo "album" so you can see how they change over time!
pop.gif
Somehow I missed this post. Wow your rooster is gorgeous! I could only hope mine turn out as beautiful!

Somehow I missed this post. Wow your rooster is gorgeous! I could only hope mine turn out as beautiful!

I take no credit! He came from eggs from Lynne. I hatched only two out of that batch and sadly lost his hatch mate to a predator (she was a pretty little girl, too!) luckily I have a little black mottled/mf lady his age from Amy, so hopefully I will be able to start hatching some of my own eggs, though probably not until next year at this point.
:)

When breeding for the Calico look vs the MF look...it would NOT be more beneficial to keep the roo with the most white leak?? Or is it because his type isn't that great?
Here he is in a bigger pic.

Type is first and foremost but your color will not come through as as much white. You will get mostly red babies out of this fella, regardless. There needs to be more hysterical mottling in the genes to help with more white.

Back
Top Bottom