Calico Cochin Thread

Pics
I love the name Gypsy. I can't believe I don't have a Gypsy yet!
gig.gif

Max is looking good!
I have a Gypsy.. she is a black Silkie
love.gif

Hello all :)
I picked up my first three cochins today after waiting a month for them to grow enough to be sure they are pullets :)
i got them from Ashley's chickens in Danvers MA. (she is only a couple miles away from me)

anyways.. i'm really intrested in what they might look like as adults.. they are all from MF/calico parents

the larger two are 6 weeks old and the smaller one is 4 weeks old.
i was told the dark one was white as a chick..

thanks in advance!!
:)

I know their colors are not going to be spactacular like some of the others on here.. but hopefully they will color up a bit more then they are now..
they are going to be 4H project birds for my young son.. not breeding birds

Last edited:
I have
Hello all :) I picked up my first three cochins today after waiting a month for them to grow enough to be sure they are pullets :) i got them from Ashley's chickens in Danvers MA. (she is only a couple miles away from me) anyways.. i'm really intrested in what they might look like as adults.. they are all from MF/calico parents the larger two are 6 weeks old and the smaller one is 4 weeks old. i was told the dark one was white as a chick.. thanks in advance!! :) I know their colors are not going to be spactacular like some of the others on here.. but hopefully they will color up a bit more then they are now.. they are going to be 4H project birds for my young son.. not breeding birds
I have 8 chicks on the brooder from Ashley. Hatched 7/15. When we're yours hatched? I bought them as day old, and I think I ended up with 3 girls & 5 boys!

she said they are 6 and 4 weeks old... so ~ july 16th and 2nd. i need to request the exact hatch date from her... probably july 15th with yours :) you should post photos :)

ashley has a bunch of little babies in the brooder right now if you want more then 3 girls :) but they are straight run right now... soooo you might end up with more boys... although today when I was picking mine out.. the boys she has are spectacular looking!

they are SOOO sweet! im thrilled with them :)

Last edited:
This is Pearl. She is my favorite so far. I think she's going to be a blue calico
love.gif

Here's a few in a group. Anyone want to agree or disagree on my sexing based on feather growth? I think the one at the top and the lower left are cockerels and the other 3 (fully covered in feathers) are girls. There are also 3 more with just wing feathers, and they behave like roosters, sparring with and jumping on one another already!

Back
Top Bottom