Calico Cochin Thread

Pics
wildwoodcochins: Do you ship your chicks? I will be looking for cochin chicks if my next try doesn't hatch. I am looking for Mille, Calico, Buff Columbian, and Mottled. Can't find them in my area.

wildwoodcochins: Do you ship your chicks? I will be looking for cochin chicks if my next try doesn't hatch. I am looking for Mille, Calico, Buff Columbian, and Mottled. Can't find them in my area.

I loved reading through this thread and seeing all the great pictures! I hatched some blue calico project eggs (among other colors) from luckypickens last month and I've got more of her calico eggs in the incubator right now with one more blue calico. The calicos are my favority variety and I'd like to try my hand at breeding my own as well as keep this blue calico project going. I'll have to take some pictures of the different colors to post because I'd love some feedback on how to proceed. I love all the chicks I've hatched so far--just stunning personalities.

ooohhh, blue calico!?! Yes, post some pics. I would love to see what they look like.
pop.gif

I've never seen blue calico before, but I believe one of my pullets might fit the bill. She is gorgeous to me no matter what color she is though! Luckypickens has been hatching out of her blue calico pen but I haven't seen any updates on her results.

Here are some pics of my pullet:

lots of color on the wings and a lot more white & pale buff on her chest & belly. Looks like she's going to have some more white coming in on those wings though. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I get some like that from crossing my Wizard with blue girls or MF girls. Wizard obviously carries blue and him and his brother, Dan the Man have given me some beautiful typy chicks. I probably should hold on to more of them because they work so well in my Frizzle pen. But they are just beautiful kids and the more I breed them back the more blue I have come out. I need to take more recent photos. This could help more in my Calico pen as Wizard adds plenty of white but I can't seem to get that Columbian out of his kids.

You all have seen this fella out of Wizard......Shazam.

Some others out of Wizard .........

Back
Top Bottom