California - Northern

Quote: Thank You!

Let us know if you get them an how they do for you!
th

That is funny!

Not a very good picture but, these quail are so stinking fast. Thank Deb!
Are those Cots?

What fun!

they did! (although chilly for me -- around 40° most of the day and windy up here on the mountain) -- here are some snaps of max's first venture outdoors here: Great picture. You sure have a beautiful flock
1f60d.png
out and about with maggie the basque exploring under the oaks such a handsome boy checking out my offering of thistle sprouts Deann, you were right -- he's *quite* the gentleman, lots of dancing and calling the girls over to check out some new exciting tidbit. and so far quite calm, if a bit reserved, around me. noisy, though!

This Is why I keep a record of all my crossed on google. Cloud rules! Computers schoolz!

hey, how are the beibs doing? I have not seen pics of them lately! I'm missing them!

I won some bresse chicks on the PP/HE swap tonight SOO EXCITED!
Happy son to be New Years everyone!

I'm sure this is probably obvious... another DUH moment but what does the PP/HE swap mean

just leave the angles up there without anything in them? I have a bnch of them here I can take with me and attach to my peeler cores.

I think if you are going to use wire over the runs you can run a short length up those angles sticking out towards the outside, like the prison yards - only without barbed wire. That way your birds can't fly out, nothing can fly in and the cats cant climb in. I haven't used them - but that's how I imagine it...

My mom had her chicken pen fenced over the top and a bald eagle came diving down to get a chicken. She has low pens, probably about 4' high, he hit the wire and almost bent it to the chicken - but it slowed him just enough the chicken got out from under him. He then bounced off the wire and struggled around a bit - before getting his bearings and taking off again. He was one angry bird...

Hello.
smile.png

I'm wondering if anyone is interested in nice Cochin Bantam cockerels. They are almost 4 months, and very sweet. I have a Self blue boy, a Black mottled, and a Red frizzle.
Please PM me with details and for pictures. Thanks!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom