California - Northern

Quote: Thank you! I hope you and your chickens are doing well.
smile.png

Quick update on my OE with vent gleet. I'm pretty sure that she also had/has sour crop. Her crop was big and squishy like a partially filled water balloon. She wasn't eating or drinking on her own and not pooping. I read almost every post on sour crop that I could find and opted for trying monistat 3 suppositories to treat it. They come 3 in a package and you cut them into thirds then feed the chicken one piece every morning and night until they are gone. After 2 treatments, she started pooping but it was green bile poop. We are now 5 treatments into it so almost half way and last night she started eating egg from my hand and not resisting the fortified water from the dropper. Her poop is changing from the bright green to black. She is also more alert. She is walking around in the dog kennel and looking all over when sitting in my lap. Her crop is still a little squishy but much smaller than it was. I am also using the cream that comes with the suppositories on her vent. I am encouraged with her progress. She had until today to show signs of improvement. The ax man comes home from Santa Cruz today but I'm happy that it looks like he will have the weekend off from that job!
yesss.gif

Quick update on my OE with vent gleet. I'm pretty sure that she also had/has sour crop. Her crop was big and squishy like a partially filled water balloon. She wasn't eating or drinking on her own and not pooping. I read almost every post on sour crop that I could find and opted for trying monistat 3 suppositories to treat it. They come 3 in a package and you cut them into thirds then feed the chicken one piece every morning and night until they are gone. After 2 treatments, she started pooping but it was green bile poop. We are now 5 treatments into it so almost half way and last night she started eating egg from my hand and not resisting the fortified water from the dropper. Her poop is changing from the bright green to black. She is also more alert. She is walking around in the dog kennel and looking all over when sitting in my lap. Her crop is still a little squishy but much smaller than it was. I am also using the cream that comes with the suppositories on her vent. I am encouraged with her progress. She had until today to show signs of improvement. The ax man comes home from Santa Cruz today but I'm happy that it looks like he will have the weekend off from that job!
yesss.gif

Wow wonderful news!! Yay!

Nope no chickens I'm a duck mom ..had chickens when I was growing up But started out now with ducks this last year...10 total now with the 3 new babys hatched yesterday

This is all my kids..lolol

Out of the bator and into the tank. No idea which one is "Willie". They kept laying in the little rock filled water bowl so they still have wet bellies. To soon to sex but the lightest one looks like a girl to me.

yesss.gif

That is great news Debi, I hope she continues on her path to health.

Your original post has caused me to do a lot more reading on vent gleet as well, nasty stuff.

yesss.gif
Thank you for the update!

Back
Top Bottom