California - Northern

I'm a So Cal transplant too! I'm the third generation born in L.A. . I am so much happier living up here. Most people wonder how I could ever leave L.A., like it's some shiny mecca; I won't move back, heck I'm just biding my time until hubby and I can scrape enough money together to move out into a more rural area. All but 2 of my friends that aren't animal people think I'm nuts for this.

We had to go down for a funeral in December. I could not wait to leave! I have never been a big LA person. The Mexican side of my family has a big house in East LA. That is about as much of LA as I am willing to handle. We live a much slower life than LA or OC can support. Before moving north, we lived in the mountains (between Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear) for 7 years. I could do that, if I had to, but I much prefer my space!

Hooray! Luck is in the air. I just got back from Half Moon Bay Feed and Fuel to puck up some Wazene and look what I found!
Yeah for us!!!!
smile.png

I need to get more layer pellets next week. I hope the have the non GMO version her too!

Congratulations!
Ron, You could call your feed store and see if they can order it! I called Scott's Valley Feed to order the natural non-soy feed and the lady on the phone told me that they had just gotten the non-GMO feed in. She probably thought that I was nuts because I was so excited about it!

Omg, @Chiqita I just love this little Polish pullet I got from you! She is by far the most awesome in my group. She acts like a dog, it's totally weird. I just realized she is now 18 weeks. I thought she was going to get bigger, but she is sooooooo teeny tiny.

ETA: WHY can't I type on my phone?

Last edited:
I'm so excited!!!!!
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

Scott's Valley Feed just got in the non-GMO King Feed!!!!!! Whoo hoo!!!! DH is picking up 2 bags for me!!!
Glad to know, I will be picking some up! And congrats on helping your hen through vent gleet, that sounds yucky. I'm glad she is doing better.
clap.gif

I'm a So Cal transplant too! I'm the third generation born in L.A. . I am so much happier living up here. Most people wonder how I could ever leave L.A., like it's some shiny mecca; I won't move back, heck I'm just biding my time until hubby and I can scrape enough money together to move out into a more rural area. All but 2 of my friends that aren't animal people think I'm nuts for this.
I'm a So Cal transplant as well! I was born in OC in Tustin, we could see the Disneyland fireworks from my parents' house. I wouldnt move back there for anything though, I love loving in the woods.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom