California - Northern

Treat at severe level.

Do not forget to complete the second week to build resistance.

Last edited:
Congratulations to you and your son! You should be proud!

welcome-byc.gif

Awesome score! My run is 6' welded wire fencing and I have hardware cloth on the openings on my coop - I've had no break-ins so far
fl.gif
yep, and NO vitamins while or corid!!! if there is bloody poo already they will need to be hand watered for a day, the cysts breaking HURTS and they will not drink. does anyone know if there is a corid safe electrolyte to give them? tey gotta be deydrated, but all the ones I know have bs in them.

in this case, IF you can find it, I might suggest sulfadimethoxine ( not sulmet that is a different sulfa drug that only works on 2 forms of cocci, both that are unlikely to cause bleeding) I would not usualy recomend it unless you have a bad cocci strain, but its less vitamin dependant, and you could give electrolites.

Your LAST choice is sulmet. It might be all you can find, but its very hard on them, and works with less strains of cocci. before you give sulmet, ask on this page if anyone is close that hast the other 2 items.

for those of you who remember all the s drug contraversies, the active drug in sulmet is sulfamethazine, it looks so close it confuses people, i had an online argument about it last week. and they both get lumped in as sulfa drugs when you look stuff up, so its VERY confusing. I jsut follow what peter brown says , and thats s drug good, sulmet bad, lol.

Is anyone else planning on going to the Red Bluff poultry show on Saturday? Thought I might be nice to meet some more of you wonderful people in person.

OK, today, i am the Debbie downer. in the last 24 hrs ( OK maybe 36) I have

* told people egg shape sexing does not work, and trader joes eggs do not specialize in hens ( that was creative thinking, however, somene should hire her)
*told people unless you are breeding for wing sexing, it does not work, ( this one always get people riled, but no one ever keeps chicks long enough to check, they just don't get too many angry calls so they assume they are always right lol)
* added no, spur sexing and hanging chicks by the necks ALSO don't work, *** people. ( some people can comb sex, however , those people impress me)
* gone on THREE different threads on 2 different continents and told people langshans do not lay a purple egg, and right now no one is successfully getting a great mother/daughter transference of that bloom, ( the marans people think a large proportion of the bloom and brown genes come from dad, isn't that depressing??) didn't call the wrath of Debbie down on ANY of them!
*told people the i stuff I can never spell is unreliable for mites and internal parasites ( this always gets people saying Ive used it for 40 years you don't know what you are saying... that sentence explains itself)
* told 2 people all their cream legbars were boys
*lost my stuff at a VET saying sulmet should always be your first resort for cocci. He does not believe the Maraks Maunal ( but from a link, not my spelling) may get banned from that page.
*politely said if you can SEE mites crawling everywhere on your chicken, a de bath is not going to do it ( that chicken died today :((()
* told someone the rooster HAS to breath, and the should not gasp while in the collar ( that may get the collars banned, this guy killed a few roosters trying to get then to stop crowing, rather then muffle it, GAA PEOPLE)
* told people there is not one wormer that that gets all worms, check what you have if your worried.
* answered 1 million incubation questions with WEIGHT YOUR EGGS CHECK YOUR AIRCELLS CALIBRATE YOUR THERMOMETER. over.. and over,, and over... I cant tell your right humidity, lets not fight lets LOOK AT THE DARN EGGS. I'm going to tatoo this on my Internet forehead.

* told at least 9 people i can't sex silkies until they are l 6-9 months, so no hens for you! also, there is no straight run hens.
* explained why you are not likely to get "pure" showgirl eggs, and the silkie chicks that come out are not showgirl mutts ( but I liked that one, I might start calling my silkies that)

( I also told a fair few people not to try and buy a house in silly valley with an fha loan, but you people likely do not care about that one, ha!)
This is what happens when Mario goes onsite and I'm home alone on the computer. I think you are the last people on the Internet who like me!

Last edited:
Eggs must be the most natural and long lasting food in nature. I candled some eggs I bought from a friend after 8 days in the incubator. 16 of the 18 eggs were clears. Not wanting to waste them I hard boiled them to use to feed my chickens, and I am amazed that they look like fresh eggs after that long on simmer. I chopped them up and the chickens really enjoyed them. The eggs really didn't look any different than fresh eggs, except my mind tells me they shouldn't be any good. Is this something you all do? Kern

Back
Top Bottom