California - Northern

Didn't you have issues with your landlord anyway? Maybe it is a good thing. However, moving is stressful. I just finished and am more than glad to be done.

I am sorry to hear about your husband. What industry is he in?

I don't have any Silkies but good luck in your search. Do you have another smaller hen you could keep with her? Maybe not a Silkie but a buddy from the flock?
Thank you everyone for the kind words! I really appreciate the send off :)

We did have trouble with our landlord, good memory! I will surely be glad to be rid of him. My husband does effects for video games. And we have other hens, but her bff is our silkie roo, and she doesn't seem particularly keen on anyone else. We have a Japanese Bantam that is small, but pretty wild so I think she would be unhappy more confined, as Anouk will be.

If you can get to the farmer's market in Crescent City (and Whole Foods in some other places) the Alexandre Kids sell fertile eggs. Their flock is mixed--BAs, NHs, and RIRs. http://www.ecodairyfarms.com/Eggs.html
Thanks for the info. At our farmers market the eggs are not usually fertile, I don't understand why they don't run roosters with their flocks. I have BLRW, Basque and BBS Orp bantams I could load up, no room now.

Thanks for the info. At our farmers market the eggs are not usually fertile, I don't understand why they don't run roosters with their flocks. I have BLRW, Basque and BBS Orp bantams I could load up, no room now.

I just actually looked at their site, and they have eggs at Gooseberries in Grants Pass
smile.png

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the kind words! I really appreciate the send off :)

We did have trouble with our landlord, good memory! I will surely be glad to be rid of him. My husband does effects for video games. And we have other hens, but her bff is our silkie roo, and she doesn't seem particularly keen on anyone else. We have a Japanese Bantam that is small, but pretty wild so I think she would be unhappy more confined, as Anouk will be.
What about a rooster collar for your roo? depending on how close to others you are, that might make it easy to keep them together.

Did you know it was Hug a Chicken Day today?? Here is Della, getting her hug from me. She is doing so much better...still doesn't lay worth a darn but she tries.

Back
Top Bottom