Fuzzbutt

Hatching
13 Years
Jan 17, 2007
Any Serama lovers in S. Calif?

I'm in Lompoc just above Santa Barbara.

Cheers, John aka Fuzzbutt
tongue.png

My chickens are spoiled they usually free range daily. Right they are mad at me because I won't let them out in the rain. I'm out of Downey.

Hello, it is really wet. My chicken are mad at me because I won't let them do thier daily free ranging.
Hallelujah...sunshine! We are all ridiculously greatful...for both the much needed rain and now for this beautiful day.
The girls decided to pile up (on my lap) for a little snooze...
20211231_114213.jpg

Please check the cfda site for official facts and maps regarding vND. If you are in a quarantine zone, do not move your birds and take all precautions. If you are near a quarantine zone, it's best practice to behave as if you are quarantined. Let's do our part to eliminate this disease. Remember the vaccines available aren't effective for this strain so if your birds are vaccinated don't let that lull you into a false sense of safety.

https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/ahfss/Animal_Health/Newcastle_Disease_Info.html

Have to post my newest juvenile Blue Breda. Have to keep her as a house chicken until she's old enough to join the outdoor flock. Love these sweet outgoing friendly docile birds. This is my 4th Breda and I wiil keep getting this breed for their gentleness around other docile breeds and because of their great laying ability. My previous Blue Breda layed for 10+ consecutive months her first cycle and my current Cuckoo Breda lays 6 eggs/weekly 2+oz.
P.S. the yellow feet in the photo are on the silkscreen picture of my shirt, not my bird's feet.
DSCN8129.JPG
DSCN8126.JPG

I have been dreading the moment... but I have to re-home my ducks. I live in the city (San Diego) and the quacking has become a problem. Before getting ducks, I really tried to do my research about which breeds to get in order to have a couple mellow backyard birds. And believe it or not, some folks in the BYB thread actually said that ducks are quieter than chickens. But I need to re-home my girls. The quacking has gotten worse the more they age. It's all day, every day. We've tried everything to appease them and keep them happy. The quacking may even be a happy greeting but it's getting too loud, too much. My husband is not happy. The new neighbors are not happy.
I have never given up on an animal before, so this feels really terrible. I hope to find them a home with a loving, responsible Back Yard Bird family with lots of space so they can quack all they want. I will drive anywhere in Southern California to deliver them to a good home. They are 3 yrs and 4 months old. The Pekin is "Quackasaurus" and the Swedish Blue is "Platypus". They are overall healthy, the Pekin has some large permanent bumbles on her feet, which she grew when she was young and her favorite place to stand was on the edge of some bricks. The bumbles never open or crack and it doesn't seem to cause her much trouble. Please let me know if you or someone you know would be a good fit for my sweet girls.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1540603477186.jpg
    FB_IMG_1540603477186.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 7
How are all of you dealing with the Newcastle? Hope all of your flocks are healthy and safe. :fl

Freaked out seeing the videos but it is what it is. At least it kills fast. Keeping everyone healthy and safe per normal and just hoping hoping hoping it doesn't spread any further. I had considered hatching this spring but I think I'll wait for this to pass. Definitely not adding or moving any birds. I inoculated my flocks with a vaccine- strain but this strain is of course one with no vaccine.

Sun Valley Poultry club has a very informative Facebook group that I follow.

Back
Top Bottom