CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Pics
Quote:
I WISH!!! The marans club of America is having a huge celebration since marans have finally been accepted by the APA. I soooo wish I could go!!!
hit.gif

I've got an old truck and no money but I'm dying to go!!! If anyone wants to get together for a road trip, I'm in!!!
fl.gif

Kim

Oh my gosh that sounds like sooo much fun! DH can't get the time off work though. BTW Kim, I left you a message about your pumpkin patch on the Northern thread. You should let folks here know about your heirlooms!

Quote:
Just got back from Santa Cruz. What a messed up day.

They're ok. 3 out of 5. Lost both FBCMs. I tell ya I'm so bummed.

If I can move my body tomorrow other than feeding, watering and gettng Kayla back and forth to school, I'll try to get some quail pics. MY A&Ms are getting all feathered out. Those are harder to sex for me. I lost quit a few. Not that they died. OK I'm sure they did,because I smell them, but had one brooder completely empty. Whole thing was weird. I haven't found a single one, but I know at least a few are somewhere in my garage. Probably under or behind the shelves that are screwed to the wall. That would be my luck, since I can't find them and can't get under or behind that darn thing.

OH and I woke up to 4 birds who had gotten wet somehow last night and were just not right. Checked Kayla's little MG roo I got her to show and he died while we were gone. Just a bad day.

Quote:
OH and I woke up to 4 birds who had gotten wet somehow last night and were just not right. Checked Kayla's little MG roo I got her to show and he died while we were gone. Just a bad day.

Kim, that's so sad. I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif
Poor Kayla, losing a pet can be so heartbreaking.
sad.png

Kim in Capay Valley

Hi everyone. It's that time again. San Diego Chickens Club is drop shipping another order from the organic food company Modesto Milling. The shipment will get here next week to be distributed at our next meet up on Oct 8th at Lake Murray.

This is an extremely high quality organic food and often times cheaper than the feed store.

Here is the list of prices and feed offered.

It is an additional $2 per bag for shipping.

We have a lot of room on the second pallet if anyone would like to add an order please let me know; PM me, thanks!

61023_organic-feed-pricing-sept-2.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:

They're ok. 3 out of 5. Lost both FBCMs. I tell ya I'm so bummed.

If I can move my body tomorrow other than feeding, watering and gettng Kayla back and forth to school, I'll try to get some quail pics. MY A&Ms are getting all feathered out. Those are harder to sex for me. I lost quit a few. Not that they died. OK I'm sure they did,because I smell them, but had one brooder completely empty. Whole thing was weird. I haven't found a single one, but I know at least a few are somewhere in my garage. Probably under or behind the shelves that are screwed to the wall. That would be my luck, since I can't find them and can't get under or behind that darn thing.

OH NO!!! I'm so sorry! Give Mikayla a hug for me! Don't stress about pictures. It can wait. I wouldn't be adding any quail til next year and don't even know if I can talk Steve into it yet.

Anyone going to the NNPFA show in Reno on Nov. 19th? Quite a few of the folks from the Nevada thread will be there and I know there are some folks coming up from the Bay Area. Last year I was a little dissapointed in the show but it's looking like it will be a lot better this year.
fl.gif

Quote:
Don't worry about it. With the 2 people I had help from here and the widowed friends zI now have, they still ended in 3rd place, but they went from 15% to 20% which I think made them feel much better. They got a lot of votes today. LOL

Next time I just hope I find out much sooner. Just apprciate that people took the time to try. That' what mattered.

Well..........winning would have been cool though. LOL

Back
Top Bottom