CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Things are not where they used to be in my backyard. Pulled my back getting this part off of 2 cages and the neighbor's shop over the fence. Supposed to be around 85 here tomorrow, so I hope I can get to HD and then get this all taken care of. Makes me tired and achy just looking at it. Would have been fine if it had been finished and fastened to the base frame. The small ones held up really well. Then again, they are hoops, so maybe that's what helped.
ack! the wind had been knocking over my plants and greenhouses, but not that much mess.
I lost 2 hatches in a row. Come to find out that when I took my Sportsman apart to clean it I closed up the vents. I always leave them open and I don't know how I managed to not open them when I ut it back together. I have more hatches come up, so hoping I didn't mess those up as well.

Took a bad fall at like 3:30 am and hurt like heck today. I'll probably head to the couch with the remote in a few.

I saw this on FB and since a lot of people here have kids and grandkids, I thought I'd share. This is perfect. Makayla is still young enough for this, but taller than most store bought sets, so I want to make one like this.

17803_146504008856688_57991989_n.jpg

At first I was thinking brooder, but I can't not do this one.
omg that is too cute!!!

I lost 2 hatches in a row. Come to find out that when I took my Sportsman apart to clean it I closed up the vents. I always leave them open and I don't know how I managed to not open them when I ut it back together. I have more hatches come up, so hoping I didn't mess those up as well.

Took a bad fall at like 3:30 am and hurt like heck today. I'll probably head to the couch with the remote in a few.

I saw this on FB and since a lot of people here have kids and grandkids, I thought I'd share. This is perfect. Makayla is still young enough for this, but taller than most store bought sets, so I want to make one like this.

17803_146504008856688_57991989_n.jpg

At first I was thinking brooder, but I can't not do this one.

That is so cute! I sold a cabinet just like that on CL!

I hope you're feeling better now Kim and that you're incubator is ready to go now.

I've been looking for one of those entertainment centers and I swear I've even seen them at the side of the tracks near me. Nothin!!! LOL

I'm still hurting. Not like I wasn't before, but I get so mad at myself because I'm so clumsy!

I have eggs in lockdown and I had quail hatching, but they'd pip and dry out. I had to help 2 and only 2 made it out on their own. That's not normal. I usually have quail popping out like Jiffypop. I calibrated hydrometers and now, I have a ton of water in there and humidity dropping, but the house humidity is like 41%, so how can I have all that water and be down to 47%.....So, I have another one in calibrating it and I hope it gets done before I kill off another hatch. I have chickies hatching all over the country and I can't get a hatch right again. I hate when I go through these bad hatches and then all of a sudden I start getting 100% and not doing anything different. Drives me crazy.

OK, I've tried doing to much today. Taking my mind off of it being the 3 yr anniversary of my mom dying. May 1st will be 3 year mark of my dad and then July 23rd will be 3 years since I lost Bill. Mentioning that so you will all know what's going on in my brain the next 52 days. Always makes Spring and Summer suck for me.

OK....................good hatching vibes now and a cabinets to make that kitchen for Kayla and Laylay. It'll keep them out of mine! LOL

I've been looking for one of those entertainment centers and I swear I've even seen them at the side of the tracks near me. Nothin!!! LOL

I'm still hurting. Not like I wasn't before, but I get so mad at myself because I'm so clumsy!

I have eggs in lockdown and I had quail hatching, but they'd pip and dry out. I had to help 2 and only 2 made it out on their own. That's not normal. I usually have quail popping out like Jiffypop. I calibrated hydrometers and now, I have a ton of water in there and humidity dropping, but the house humidity is like 41%, so how can I have all that water and be down to 47%.....So, I have another one in calibrating it and I hope it gets done before I kill off another hatch. I have chickies hatching all over the country and I can't get a hatch right again. I hate when I go through these bad hatches and then all of a sudden I start getting 100% and not doing anything different. Drives me crazy.

OK, I've tried doing to much today. Taking my mind off of it being the 3 yr anniversary of my mom dying. May 1st will be 3 year mark of my dad and then July 23rd will be 3 years since I lost Bill. Mentioning that so you will all know what's going on in my brain the next 52 days. Always makes Spring and Summer suck for me.

OK....................good hatching vibes now and a cabinets to make that kitchen for Kayla and Laylay. It'll keep them out of mine! LOL
I notice the tempertures and humidity in my HOUSE affected my non humidair bators dramatically. I had to a djust the amount of water, etc every time. I still keep an eye on the humidity on the big bator. I have an extra tray that goes in and out depending on conditions. These readwoods are a beast but they are fun!

I notice the tempertures and humidity in my HOUSE affected my non humidair bators dramatically. I had to a djust the amount of water, etc every time. I still keep an eye on the humidity on the big bator. I have an extra tray that goes in and out depending on conditions. These readwoods are a beast but they are fun!

The Brinsea with the humidity pump stays where I set it....Apparently I am supposed to ship it back to them every couple of year to have it calibrated.

Hopefully I can find a hack for doing that....

The Brinsea with the humidity pump stays where I set it....Apparently I am supposed to ship it back to them every couple of year to have it calibrated.

Hopefully I can find a hack for doing that....
I can't even remember to send in warrenty info, so I'd be stuck just like now. LOL

Going out to pick my daughter up in the Bay Area about 5 tonight. I have tons of eggs if anyone is interested. I have a bunch that after the winds were out in the yard together, so some could be pure Marans and then there's the chance of EEs OEs and maybe, maybe some that will lay lavender. No promises.

I also have some Blue and Lavender AM eggs for sale and about a dozen Silver Penciled rocks. Also Black Sumatras and Splash over Blue Sumatras.

So if anyone is interested and can get to me while I'm out there, pm me quick.

Got these at the auction this morning. The paint was still tacky, that's how newly made they were. LOL These are going to be nesting boxes for some of my bantams.

I have the following eggs for sale

I have 18 LF Ameraucana eggs for sale. There are 15 Blue and 3 Lavender as of now.
1Doz Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks
1Doz Black Sumatras
Can ship but shipping charges will be added. I'll be listing these other places too, so pm me quick.

Back
Top Bottom