CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

These are all Davis birds and I've never had a problem like this. I don't get it. I've tried the mustard before. Now all my birds like it. I'm still going to try it again though tonight. I'm going to find the darkest eggs from the layers and see if that helps. I still haven't found the first ceramic egg I put out over a week ago. I'm seriously thinking I forgot and added it to some free eggs I gave away. That or it's so far under the sand, I just haven't dug it out yet.

try adding de to the feed for a week or so? not good for roosters i have been told, but if they are having calcium issues and have other forms of calcium it might help

try adding de to the feed for a week or so? not good for roosters i have been told, but if they are having calcium issues and have other forms of calcium it might help
Add DE and 1/3 cup of Granulated Sea kelp to the feed--You can get sea kelp from a health food store that has bulk items. Give it to them for a week and then a couple times a week.

Like Chiqita posted earlier, if an egg breaks they will eat it. It is not egg eating, it is normal behavior for chickens. They will stop eating the eggs when the shells are tougher. Also, make sure the nests are nicely padded.

Got 6 out of there yesterday while I guarded them almost all day. LOL These are Marans and those shells are thick. They just all attack at once. I fought off a roo and several hens, so they've get found out what's in them. The feeders were full and they wait when another hen is in there. I need to figure out some kind of nesting box I can make ( hack, cough) where the eggs roll back safely and they forget about them eventually.

In the meantime!!!

I have lots of eggs I'll be selling this month. For now I have the following. I have great birds BTW and have started with lots of expensive eggs from the best breeder I could. Now they are my own lines.

Ok I need to move some eggs.. I need to bail my Explorer out of impound next month, so I'm not asking for my regular prices, I just need to save my vehicle, so I'm being very reasonable and trying everything I can so I'm not without wheels in the area. Not real safe around me, so walking a couple of miles to get around isn't a safe option.

I have 1 Doz plus extras Welsummer eggs. My hens don't lay speckled eggs, but the roo came from a beautiful dark speckled egg.

I dozen OEGB eggs plus extras. They're laying so well! I have a Black Breasted Red roo over BBR Hens, a black hen and a Self Blue hen. Trying to get a color thing going..
1 Doz Modern Game Bantams

1 Doz Olive Eggers. I have My OEs under a Wellie roo. Trying to get a darker olive and speckles

6 Mottled Jap Bantams

1 Doz White Silkies... There are probably only PQ, which shows in the price. They're pretty but I haven't spent any time developing my Silkies.

2 Dozen EE/Lavender Egg Project eggs. Lots of different colors. Lots! I'm going to be selling these while I work on the 2 pens, so they are all together and under my Lav Egg Project roo and I haven't seen what colors he's throwing yep, so there are some white eggs, to see if the lavender shows even paled out in the next gen. So if you get hens from them that lay a pale lavender you will probably get some from the other eggs that will be darker. I hope! No guarantees what color these will lay, but they're fun to wait for.

This is what I have for now. Just don't want to get backed up with eggs before I have more bator space. usually only post here if I just need to move them quick.

Oh and depending on an order, I may have 1 Doz Silver Penciled Rocks. Just waiting to see what the buyer is doing.

I may also have OEs from my Marans, that may also be pures. They produced some OEs and have only been separated for 2 weeks, so not sure what you'll get. Most people have been getting both. Someone just hatched a splash and 2 blue coppers from these and a few black copper, They also got OEs. I have Black Coppers, Blue Coppers, 1 Blue and 1 Cuckoo hen with Black Copper roos over all of them. Waiting to hear on those also.

If these fall through I'll post an update.

I'm in Modesto if someone wants to pick them up instead of shipping.

PM me for prices and shipping charges.

What a gorgeous bird! Do you sell any eggs?
lol.png
I can whip something up! LOL

Very cool Kim!!! That owl is amazing!

OK, haven't been on in ages. I've been so busy with preparing my garden and trying to get the hoop house done (weather is not cooperating) that I haven't had much time for BYC. But I promised to post pics for you Kim of some of the jewelry I've been making with the stuff you sent. You'll recognize a lot of your stuff in these. Like all the turquoise, the jump rings, the silver beads, the ear wires, etc, etc. :) I think I'm getting the hang of this. The first few I made took forever and weren't nearly as cute. I'm really enjoying this new hobby!
cool.png

Thanks Kim! :)

You can click on the pics to make them larger.

Great job!!! I know you'd figure it out
thumbsup.gif
I haven't made much since Bill died. He was my salesman. LOL I have a lot started, but nothing finished. I'm trying to get a lot of pieces done before I put them together. I have some started with seed beads too. Some traditional and some just fun. If I ever get them together I'll try and remember to take picks.

My hoop coops have had to be minis. They work great for bantams, but they are low and I have to bend to much. Good thing though is when I get them moved somewhere, I can make them taller by adding sections. For now these work and aren't to obvious to the neighbors. Not only so they don't realize how many are out there, but so that chicken thieves and future serial killer kids aren't tempted.Whatever I have to do to keep them safe.

I posted that cat picture, because something has been trashing all my seedling for the garden. I mean everything! I caught Rascal sleeping in the last flat with my broccoli! Not I have to try and start over and it's getting hotter all the time.

Back
Top Bottom