CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

I know I have several little roos growing out, so I figure someone might have one that I'm looking for.

I'll have some nice Lav AMs roos out of my bunch. Anyone want to trade for a Lt Sussex roo??? I don't want hatchery stock. I have some very nice birds, so I'd like an equally or close, exchange.

I just wanted to vent. On friday I received my order of Jersey Giants from Cackle. One of the chicks died within 24 hours, but the 8 others are fine. I called to get a credit, but they were rude and only offered to refund $2, even though I paid 11 per bird. They did not send extras nor will they send a replacement.

I just wanted to vent. On friday I received my order of Jersey Giants from Cackle. One of the chicks died within 24 hours, but the 8 others are fine. I called to get a credit, but they were rude and only offered to refund $2, even though I paid 11 per bird. They did not send extras nor will they send a replacement.

somad.gif
Sorry about that!

McMurray had more dead chicks but they refunded all of the amount and were polite.

Thans for listening. I've decided to go ahead and add a couple of blue giants while the birds are still babies. Does anyone have advice on where to get them? I certainly won't order from Cackle again.

I don't order from hatcheries anymore, but years ago it was either McMurry or MPC. I actually love MPC. The chicks were fat and healthy and I had a big order and 3 were sluggish. They refunded on the 3, but they pulled through. I felt bad and called them and they said not to worry about it.

I don't order from hatcheries anymore, but years ago it was either McMurry or MPC. I actually love MPC. The chicks were fat and healthy and I had a big order and 3 were sluggish. They refunded on the 3, but they pulled through. I felt bad and called them and they said not to worry about it.

I ordered my chicks from My Pet Chicken, but I had a small order (minimum shipment size=5 bantams). Only 60% survival rate out of two shipments... which I mostly attribute to the long shipping distance across the country.
I had mixed experience with the customer service... Since more than half my first shipment was lost, they do a replacement shipment, and said they would call me the next week to arrange. But they did not call me; instead scheduled a smaller than minimum order, containing types of chicks that didn't match the ones I lost, for a week I couldn't receive them. Luckily, I got suspicious and called them, and managed to get it all sorted out before the order went out. But they did refund for a chick that died in the second shipment, and also refunded for one who turned out to be a cross-beak, who is still doing ok.
My chicks are still a little young, but they all seem to be girls, as claimed... which is exciting because one of the main reasons I ordered from MPC was to get sexed bantams.

Just my two cents. If I get chicks again, I think I'd try to find someone local, and avoid USPS.

I ordered my chicks from My Pet Chicken, but I had a small order (minimum shipment size=5 bantams). Only 60% survival rate out of two shipments... which I mostly attribute to the long shipping distance across the country.
I had mixed experience with the customer service... Since more than half my first shipment was lost, they do a replacement shipment, and said they would call me the next week to arrange. But they did not call me; instead scheduled a smaller than minimum order, containing types of chicks that didn't match the ones I lost, for a week I couldn't receive them. Luckily, I got suspicious and called them, and managed to get it all sorted out before the order went out. But they did refund for a chick that died in the second shipment, and also refunded for one who turned out to be a cross-beak, who is still doing ok.
My chicks are still a little young, but they all seem to be girls, as claimed... which is exciting because one of the main reasons I ordered from MPC was to get sexed bantams.

Just my two cents. If I get chicks again, I think I'd try to find someone local, and avoid USPS.

Local is the way to go!

Back
Top Bottom