CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Here are some updated pictures of my Black Autralorp. We are approaching 19 weeks without any crowing. When I look at the feathers I think I see pointed feathers, so thinking it is a rooster, but since there isn't crowing yet still hoping.

Here are some updated pictures of my Black Autralorp. We are approaching 19 weeks without any crowing. When I look at the feathers I think I see pointed feathers, so thinking it is a rooster, but since there isn't crowing yet still hoping.

Quote:Looks like a pullet to me. My cockerels had pronounced combs.

LL
I agree. At 19 weeks old the comb and wattles should be a lot bigger. There is something odd about the feathers but they may just be odd feathers.

@dnitzman

Do not give up hope yet!

Hello, would anyone happen to know where i could get duck/chicken/geese eggs that come from animals that are not fed grains, that roam freely and eat bugs and grass, worms , scraps of veggies and potatoes?

I do not know yet if millet or gluten free oat feed could be possible.

My son has grain, corn, soy, wheat, nut allergies.

Any sources would be helpful. Thank you.

Eva

I'm not sure which thread would be the appropriate one for trying to reach folks around Cutler, CA so I may have to post in both. Anywho my family asked me to help them locate about 4 laying or POL hens nearby that they could pick up locally. Not terribly worried about breed, even barnyard mixes would be fine. They just want to raise chickens for their own fresh eggs. They don't have Internet out on the ranch, that's why I'm helping them all the way from NC ;)Thank you everyone!

So obviously I was missed since this seems to be lost. We had a great thread here and although I did have help, I think a lot of others have left. Now to figure out where I put things. Sure is different than when I took my hiatus. Maybe it will regrow and maybe not. We’ll see

Back
Top Bottom