CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Quote:
It is a Beta, so maybe they do not have the iOS version up to snuff yet? I use it with a Nook Color so that is an Android OS.

Hopefully folks with iPhones are letting the Mobile thread know about their experiences.

If it works, it is much easier to find old posts. I shows a lot more pages at a time and moves through them much faster.

Well are you all ready for the rain floods ?

http://news.yahoo.com/mysterious-at...california-where-megaflood-may-160000315.html

pop.gif

I've been so sick I haven't taken time to come on here. I must have had some kind of energy though. I ordered a pair of Chocolate bantam AMs that will be delivered to my at the Stockton show. Can't wait. I needed them for my LF project. The one I have so far, Ganache, is beautiful, so I hope I can get them up to size before too long. Ganache is such a sweet little thing.

How'd everyone do with the storms? I still haven't been far enough back in the yard to check everything out yet. I made it out to check the closest rabbits just a little while ago and they're fine, but since I turned over the backyard, I'm having a problem sliding in the mud. Just don't have my footing yet to get much done, but I'm trying to stay up long enough to check everyone and make sure there's feed and water. Just wish I didn't ache so badly. I hate being sick!

So anything good going on?

I've been so sick I haven't taken time to come on here. I must have had some kind of energy though. I ordered a pair of Chocolate bantam AMs that will be delivered to my at the Stockton show. Can't wait. I needed them for my LF project. The one I have so far, Ganache, is beautiful, so I hope I can get them up to size before too long. Ganache is such a sweet little thing.

How'd everyone do with the storms? I still haven't been far enough back in the yard to check everything out yet. I made it out to check the closest rabbits just a little while ago and they're fine, but since I turned over the backyard, I'm having a problem sliding in the mud. Just don't have my footing yet to get much done, but I'm trying to stay up long enough to check everyone and make sure there's feed and water. Just wish I didn't ache so badly. I hate being sick!

So anything good going on?

I was wondering what happened to you. I hope you get better. It's been kind of dead here without you around.

pop.gif

I haven't felt well for a while, but whatever I have right now really has me down. I still haven't made it back outside yet. Started shaking and I'm just trying to get enough energy to move. I miss all of you though. I have been on FB lately, but it's so much easier to just click the Like button when you don't feel well. LOL I looked at my profile page and I don't think I'll ever catch up to the Nevada thread. LOL

OK, so who's going to Stockton and has anyone started threads yet for meetups or buying and trading? I know there are a couple of people who like being in charge of that, so we'll need links and what have you.

I'm still looking for some people to help with maps and pages for this thread, so if anyone is interested, please let me know. Being sick this long has made me really worry about never keeping up on info for my California family. Not that this thread has been very busy, but it does have it's moments.

How'd everyone do with the storms?

Not so well here. We have a lot of erosion damage from the storm and our peafowl coop was blown completely over and is now sitting on it's roof (this is a very heavy 8x8x8 coop). The coop split open when it flipped, killing one of the peacocks. The rest escaped but we found them and now have them in a temporary coop until we can get theirs fixed. My Dad says the front yard looks like the start of a mini grand canyon (IDK about that but it doesn't look good) in several places and the driveway has washed out at the top so we are having to take it very slow when we cross this area. Can't get the washed out areas fixed until things dry out. Right now bringing in any tractor would just collapse the whole area. This is where we drive and park so we need to avoid any further damage.
I kinda expected some of this since the top of the drive had no culvert and the road is trenched on either side. Didn't take a genius to see that rainwater would have no where to go except over the driveway. The berm that is collapsing had nothing to keep it from sliding during a storm but the amount of rain we got during this storm is almost unheard of in these parts. This is high desert and our annual rainfall averages 8" a year and this time of year it would usually snow, not rain. Heavy rains combined with our sandy soil made for a bad combination. :(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom