CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

I haven't slept all night. Elias had a problem Sunday evening while my youngest daughter and I were there. I noticed 3 times while others were visiting that he seemed to have a problem swallowing and breathing. I thought maybe it was just me, but Vanessa went to change him and he did it again. She picked him up and turned him over to pat his back and he burped, so we thought that was the problem. As soon as she laid him back down, he was catching his breath again. I told her to walk out the door to the nurses station and let them know it had happened and to see if something was seriously wrong. My poor grand daughter was hooked up to tubes and couldn't get up, but I told her he'd be fine and went out to see what the nurses were saying. As I walked out my daughter was calling for help. The station was empty so we took off down the hall with him to get to the next station. Got chewed out of running, we were walking fast, but not running and we didn't move him with his bed. It was in a corner and things were in the way, so oh well, we got him there. Only one nurse had an issue. Another told us we needed to only take him through halls with the bed, but was rolling her eyes at the grumpy one. The RA and a couple of others they would have had to call happened to be there, so they grabbed him up and took him in a room to check him out. He ended up in the nursery on monitors. They said they were going to watch him closely for an hour. We went to my daughter's house (the new grandma) and just as we were leaving my grand daughter called all upset. They ended up sending him to the ICU nursery, which is the door just across from Tina's room, so he's close to his mommy. They're discharging her today, but Elias has been held for 48 hrs, half of which is over. He's producing fluids and they want to make sure he's clearing on his own and doesn't have an infection. Been a tiring few days.

I have so much to do, but I'm so tired. I'm going to see how much I can get done, then I'm going to curl up on the couch with the remote and see if I can fall asleep watching a movie or something. I seem to do that easily when I don't want to, so maybe it will work now. Just thought I'd let you all know what's going on in my never ended story called Kim's Life!

Last edited:
I haven't slept all night. Elias had a problem Sunday evening while my youngest daughter and I were there. I noticed 3 times while others were visiting that he seemed to have a problem swallowing and breathing. I thought maybe it was just me, but Vanessa went to change him and he did it again. She picked him up and turned him over to pat his back and he burped, so we thought that was the problem. As soon as she laid him back down, he was catching his breath again. I told her to walk out the door to the nurses station and let them know it had happened and to see if something was seriously wrong. My poor grand daughter was hooked up to tubes and couldn't get up, but I told her he'd be fine and went out to see what the nurses were saying. As I walked out my daughter was calling for help. The station was empty so we took off down the hall with him to get to the next station. Got chewed out of running, we were walking fast, but not running and we didn't move him with his bed. It was in a corner and things were in the way, so oh well, we got him there. Only one nurse had an issue. Another told us we needed to only take him through halls with the bed, but was rolling her eyes at the grumpy one. The RA and a couple of others they would have had to call happened to be there, so they grabbed him up and took him in a room to check him out. He ended up in the nursery on monitors. They said they were going to watch him closely for an hour. We went to my daughter's house (the new grandma) and just as we were leaving my grand daughter called all upset. They ended up sending him to the ICU nursery, which is the door just across from Tina's room, so he's close to his mommy. They're discharging her today, but Elias has been held for 48 hrs, half of which is over. He's producing fluids and they want to make sure he's clearing on his own and doesn't have an infection. Been a tiring few days.

I have so much to do, but I'm so tired. I'm going to see how much I can get done, then I'm going to curl up on the couch with the remote and see if I can fall asleep watching a movie or something. I seem to do that easily when I don't want to, so maybe it will work now. Just thought I'd let you all know what's going on in my never ended story called Kim's Life!

fl.gif
I hope they figure it all out soon!

Rest up for when they come home!

get some rest. I hope everything is ok,

We though Elias was coming home today. My grand daughter went home yesterday. Today they decided to keep him till Friday. He
s lossing weight. Just my check in for the day. So stressed out.

Made some very hard decisions this morning....

I'm going to get out of the chicken "business". A few other reasons, but mainly my health. I just can't do the things I like to do anymore it seems. Of course I'll still have chickens in the backyard, but the breeding is going to have to be put on the back burner. I will be selling everything...

incubators, coops, birds etc. Birds will be auctioned or sold privately, everything else... I'll probably put a craigslist ad together.

It's been so much fun with all of you guys!

Made some very hard decisions this morning.... I'm going to get out of the chicken "business". A few other reasons, but mainly my health. I just can't do the things I like to do anymore it seems. Of course I'll still have chickens in the backyard, but the breeding is going to have to be put on the back burner. I will be selling everything... incubators, coops, birds etc. Birds will be auctioned or sold privately, everything else... I'll probably put a craigslist ad together. It's been so much fun with all of you guys!

Sad but you have to do whats best for you. wish you luck.

We though Elias was coming home today. My grand daughter went home yesterday. Today they decided to keep him till Friday. He
s lossing weight. Just my check in for the day. So stressed out.
Oh Dear! I sure hope he starts gaining weight soon!!!
hugs.gif

Made some very hard decisions this morning.... I'm going to get out of the chicken "business". A few other reasons, but mainly my health. I just can't do the things I like to do anymore it seems. Of course I'll still have chickens in the backyard, but the breeding is going to have to be put on the back burner. I will be selling everything... incubators, coops, birds etc. Birds will be auctioned or sold privately, everything else... I'll probably put a craigslist ad together. It's been so much fun with all of you guys!
Well that's sad but I often think about at least paring down. My back just isn't up to doing it all so Hubby is doing almost everything these days. He loves the chickens though and insists it isn't too much for him but he sure has a lot on his plate right now.

I hope your health improves now that you won't be having to deal with so many chores!

Back
Top Bottom