CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

This is what I posted on FB

EE/Lavender Egg Project Cockerel looking for some cute chicks to call my own. My mom bred me to produce her flock of Lavender Egg Layers, but she's keeping my Lavender brother and letting me move on to be special at a new home. I'm calm, handsome and may or may not produce Lavender laying daughters, but I'm willing to give it a try. If nothing else, I can just show off my pretty feathers for you. Love dirt baths, digging worms out of holes my mom digs for me, riding in a wagon (yes there's a kid envolved!) and scratching up treats for the ladies. I'm trying to be a big boy, but the bigger boys are kind of pushy and don't like me near the girls unless I sneak. If you can offer me some female companionship and maybe some treats, I'd be happy to go home to you. Just let my mom know. I live in the Central Valley, just in case you were wondering.

Been busy the last few days putting this together for a customer.

WAIT!!! Is this going to be a cargo house???? Do you really build those??? I've wondered how much they cost to build and didn't know if they could be build in CA!! We need more details! I LOVE these things!!!

This is what I posted on FB

EE/Lavender Egg Project Cockerel looking for some cute chicks to call my own. My mom bred me to produce her flock of Lavender Egg Layers, but she's keeping my Lavender brother and letting me move on to be special at a new home. I'm calm, handsome and may or may not produce Lavender laying daughters, but I'm willing to give it a try. If nothing else, I can just show off my pretty feathers for you. Love dirt baths, digging worms out of holes my mom digs for me, riding in a wagon (yes there's a kid envolved!) and scratching up treats for the ladies. I'm trying to be a big boy, but the bigger boys are kind of pushy and don't like me near the girls unless I sneak. If you can offer me some female companionship and maybe some treats, I'd be happy to go home to you. Just let my mom know. I live in the Central Valley, just in case you were wondering.
I was wondering if anyone is going to be headed to Bakersfield from the Modesto area. This guy needs to hitch a ride if possible. I also need to find 3 Guineas a ride as close to Chico as I can get them. Anyone traveling?

He's very cute....................and as Ron said, all puppies are cute.

But I have four large house dogs now....................a puppy would NOT sweeten the deal, LOL.

Although, I'll admit that about six months ago I burst into tears when I realized that at my age, I would only truly have no more than another handful of dogs in my lifetime (after natural attrition, I'll never do four dogs at once again). In my younger years when I was showing, I had as many as six at a time, not counting puppies. But I'm to the stage it gets to be too much when my "pack" has to accompany me EVERYWHERE, even to go pee!

Deb

Deb
I have not been able to close the door of the bathroom for years. even the cats want in. thank GOODNESS the turkeys cant come inside.
ChickenCombsRossSimpson.jpg
I love v combs, and that is an awesome chart! It always reminds me of horns.

Can you all check our page and make sure you are there as a California member or that your breeding info is up to date? Also, if I have missing poultry shows, let me know. I really need to make separate pages for some of this info. Think I'll be able to do that soon too. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/california-thread-members-list-and-helpful-information
Cooper12 is now Hangtown Farms.
I have crele penedesenca and white empordanesa laying. perfer not to ship do to poor hatching on shipped eggs.

No more icelandic's just the pene and emp's
It's probably the great flu epidemic of 2013.....
roll call.
I have not been able to close the door of the bathroom for years. even the cats want in. thank GOODNESS the turkeys cant come inside.
I love v combs, and that is an awesome chart! It always reminds me of horns.
nice but where is the King Comb

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom