CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Site is acting weird on me.

Ya I have had to take lots of baby roos to auction. I did sell a few, but I needed feed money sooner. Not that I made any money. I think I made $60 over the summer, dropping off birds 4 times and 7 to 9 at a time. Then I watched junk sell for more than I made with all mine combined. The one guy at that auction is grouchy and I don't think he likes me much and he rushes through things for some and makes sure others are taken better care of and they get decent prices. But even if it wasn't enough to buy feed it was a lot less mouths to feed.

I just take my Bresse boys to the farm once they crow. They are early crowers! We are processing our first batch some time this month. I can hardly wait to see how they taste!

I just take my Bresse boys to the farm once they crow. They are early crowers! We are processing our first batch some time this month. I can hardly wait to see how they taste!
Well if Bill was still around, that was the plan, but I can't do it. Wish I could.

I got hunted down on FB. I'll try to come in more since I want to keep our pages updated, but fell a little over a week ago and I feel like I'm going to break in half.

I'm down to one Silkied AM chick growing out this year. I do have some splits, but I lost my other 3 with the pretty feathers. I'll have more Lav AM eggs available though, cause I have a few more girls growing out. Other pens are so so. I hatch a LOT of roos this year. Seems I sold all the girl eggs
somad.gif

Otherwise it's the same old thing. Sorry I haven't been around to keep up, but I'm going to try to check in more. Heck I lived on this site for 7 years, but this summer and fall have been taken over by some other things in life.

Welcome Back!

I could not find your facebook page

Well if Bill was still around, that was the plan, but I can't do it. Wish I could.
It is definitely a learning curve. The first time we processed, I caught the birds and gave them a last bit of love & thanks before they took the short walk down the cone. When we processed last month, I was determined to take a more active part. I learned to eviscerate them. Not my favorite job but I survived. The only thing that I don't think that I could do is the killing part.

Don't feel bad Kim! They say our tastes change every seven years. I was a certified "Jeep chick" for 7 years. Knew everything there was to know about 4wheeing Wranglers. Moved to the country in March and sold my Jeep for a Subaru. Now I'm into CHICKENS!

I'm near Modesto and was about to join the search party for you;). If you need anything, PM me and I'll do my best. Take care!!

I got hunted down on FB. I'll try to come in more since I want to keep our pages updated, but fell a little over a week ago and I feel like I'm going to break in half. 

I'm down to one Silkied AM chick growing out this year. I do have some splits, but I lost my other 3 with the pretty feathers. I'll have more Lav AM eggs available though, cause I have a few more girls growing out. Other pens are so so. I hatch a LOT of roos this year. Seems I sold all the girl eggs :mad:

Otherwise it's the same old thing. Sorry I haven't been around to keep up, but I'm going to try to check in more. Heck I lived on this site for 7 years, but this summer and fall have been taken over by some other things in life. 

Nice to see you back!

Back
Top Bottom