CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Hi!

I am working with the UofA Blues. The original thread was closed and a new one is going now. They are calling them Arkansas Blues over there now

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/874920/arkansas-blue-egg-layers/10#post_13292548

I have a pen for Partridge Penedesencas now and one being set up for Pita Pintas. I will also be hatching Bresse soon as well as the SG Dorkings and New Heritage Dels that I hatch for capayvalleychick.

Lots going on!
Man I'd love to have some of those one day

I have a couple of auctions going on, so adding the link here https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/754060/the-new-crazy-24hr-auction-thread/7060_20#post_13320571

Hope you all had a HAPPY EASTER!!!

Egg production is getting better and I'll be having lots of hatching eggs for sale. If anyone is looking please pm me for breeds and prices.

Been a long weekend and even a long day. Four years ago today I lost my mom, in 9 days it will be 4 years since I lost my dad and in 42 days it will be 4 years since I lost my husband. The good old June 11 with be 7 years since I lost my sister. I'm sure I'm going to be a total mess for a while. What's new? Right?

Egg production is getting better and I'll be having lots of hatching eggs for sale. If anyone is looking please pm me for breeds and prices.

Been a long weekend and even a long day. Four years ago today I lost my mom, in 9 days it will be 4 years since I lost my dad and in 42 days it will be 4 years since I lost my husband. The good old June 11 with be 7 years since I lost my sister. I'm sure I'm going to be a total mess for a while. What's new? Right?
Sorry for all your suffering Kim............... Some are given so much

Where did you get your Mottled Japanese? Dyann @Chooklet gave me some eggs & I hatched out 4 for my grandson. They are so tiny. I am not used to bantam but they are holding their own in the brooder with all those BIG BUTTS.......LOL

Hope this week has some Joy just for you =)

Hi!

I am working with the UofA Blues. The original thread was closed and a new one is going now. They are calling them Arkansas Blues over there now

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/874920/arkansas-blue-egg-layers/10#post_13292548

I have a pen for Partridge Penedesencas now and one being set up for Pita Pintas. I will also be hatching Bresse soon as well as the SG Dorkings and New Heritage Dels that I hatch for capayvalleychick.

Lots going on!
I had to look up the Pita Pintas, always something new!
Are the New Heritage Dels sex-linked crosses or? (I didn't put alot of effort into that search...)
How do you like the egg color of the Partridge Penedesencas compared to the other Penes?

I had to look up the Pita Pintas, always something new!
Are the New Heritage Dels sex-linked crosses or? (I didn't put alot of effort into that search...)
How do you like the egg color of the Partridge Penedesencas compared to the other Penes?
The new Heritage Dels are a recreation of the original. It was a lot work for Kathyinmo and they are up to the fifth and sixth generation now. They are not sex linked at all.

The Partridge pullets I have are overall very dark in color. One is more purplish and one is nearly black sometimes. They are very friendly and seem to be less flighty than the other Penes.

They are very feed efficient too.

The new Heritage Dels are a recreation of the original. It was a lot work for Kathyinmo and they are up to the fifth and sixth generation now. They are not sex linked at all.

The Partridge pullets I have are overall very dark in color. One is more purplish and one is nearly black sometimes. They are very friendly and seem to be less flighty than the other Penes.

They are very feed efficient too.
Do you have a Roo covering either of those Partridge pullets, and what do you think his contribution to the egg shell color will be?

Last edited:
Do you have a Roo covering either of those Partridge pullets, and what do you think his contribution to the egg shell color will be?

I do, Brand is in with them and a hatch mate. I have hatched some of the eggs.

Brother and sister mating is even for genetics. Next season I will be able to work on improving. One of the pullets is very nice and the other two are nice.

I will get a picture of the hatching eggs I collected this week.

I do, Brand is in with them and a hatch mate. I have hatched some of the eggs.

Brother and sister mating is even for genetics. Next season I will be able to work on improving. One of the pullets is very nice and the other two are nice.

I will get a picture of the hatching eggs I collected this week.
thanks, I'll be looking for the pic =)

Ok, the picture is ready.

They have been laying since December so they are getting pretty far into the laying cycle. The eggs are still a nice color but have lightened up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom