CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

I almost didn't need names just now, I'm always talking about the feral cats. Rascal's family to be exact. Between me and the lady next door we feed them. When an alley out back, they should be catching mice. They do catch gophers. I don't have AC and I don't have screened doors. My hot is like an oven lately. I have 2 tub brooders going while I wait for chicks in the outside brooders to get big enough to pen with their breeds.

I'm sitting here on my couch, with the door open just a little, but a couple of months ago Rascal started bringing his brother and sister in to eat. They walk through the living room, stop and look terrified and when they realize they're safe, go to the bathroom when the food and water are. I fed them today outside, in the front. I don't want them to think they can eat out back unless it's nice or something. I had written and long post in another thread and went to hit submit and her something fall and chickens making a fuss, just as I hit that button. BTW, the darn post didn't post. I can't find it. Anyway I jumped up and ran in the kitchen and two of the best hunters had knocked over the container with these two in it. I flipped it up as I chased off the cats and Dakotah came running and chased them out of the house. When I flipped the container, I see both chicks, there's nesting material everywhere and something black that looked like a head. They were covered in the wood chips and moving, but I was paranoid about the head looking thing. I looked in the other container and didn't see anything I could tell was missing. I need to paint the rocks for the waterers a bright color. I can't believe those cats got passed me. I was watching close. Just like now, I think they sent the little calico kitten in to scout. She's just sitting here and even when I walk towards her, isn't running.

I need to check the free section on CL for screen doors ASAP.

Dumpster and Oscar are doing well. I'm about to lose my mind, but they're fine. I own someone Silkied AM eggs and these darn fireworks are making me nuts. No wonder I'm getting no eggs.

Dumpster and Oscar are doing well. I'm about to lose my mind, but they're fine. I own someone Silkied AM eggs and these darn fireworks are making me nuts. No wonder I'm getting no eggs.

That is the second Californian that said they had trouble with fire works!

The do not let the stands open here until one week before the fourth so no booms here yet.

None of these are legal. They're flying over my house and others and going off. They just decide randomly to set them off, so one to 10 at any time of the day or night. I heard M80s going off about midnight. This is going to go on till at least a week after July 4th. I always hope they finish them off every 4th. Last year someone was letting them off and the furniture store 3 blocks away ended up with a horrible fire. I worry about the animals, but also the houses. These things go up fast and furious and they don't save them.

That is the second Californian that said they had trouble with fire works!

The do not let the stands open here until one week before the fourth so no booms here yet.
Last year they started here in central CA around the 25th of June and went into Mid-July. So many lost and escaped dogs in our area because no one was prepared for it!

Last year they started here in central CA around the 25th of June and went into Mid-July. So many lost and escaped dogs in our area because no one was prepared for it!
Here they can't be sold until seven days before and they must be closed by the fifth. It is a great way to work the sales. All sales are for Charities and non profits.

We do have some bottle rockets and etc. but non so far.

In CA or at least where I live in central CA they are only allowed to be sold from 6/30-7/4. However in the past 2 years the vast majority of what is being shot off in our cities is illegal stuff being bought on the Indian reservations and being brought up from Mexico. Last year the house behind us shot off a bottle rocket from their backyard (illegal) and it landed on their next door neighbors roof. Thankfully that neighbor has a Spanish tile roof. If it had been our roof it would have burned our house down. We have wood shingle roof still. We can no longer leave our house in the evenings in late June through mid July for fear of returning to no home.

In CA or at least where I live in central CA they are only allowed to be sold from 6/30-7/4. However in the past 2 years the vast majority of what is being shot off in our cities is illegal stuff being bought on the Indian reservations and being brought up from Mexico. Last year the house behind us shot off a bottle rocket from their backyard (illegal) and it landed on their next door neighbors roof. Thankfully that neighbor has a Spanish tile roof. If it had been our roof it would have burned our house down. We have wood shingle roof still. We can no longer leave our house in the evenings in late June through mid July for fear of returning to no home.
That is terrible!

The rules for Fireworks are County Based. The rules I posted yesterday are for Yolo county. Shasta and other Counties do not allow the sale of Fire Works at all in their Counties.

None of that stops people from modifying "safe" fireworks or getting illegal fireworks from other countries or States. A teen here in woodland was charged with a felony for making "safe" fire works explode. It was a long sentence too.

Last edited:
I must be a whimp or maybe it is a generational thing but the neighborhood I grew up in & the kids I hung around with would never dream of doing those kind of things & I would have never let my own kids do it either. Not that we all know all our kids do........ My son did build potato guns but they weren't like fire works & used with adult supervisor when he was way past being a kid. It's sad.........

Back
Top Bottom