CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Unfortunately, the adults are just as guilty if not more guilty if the illegal fireworks. It truly is very frustrating and so dangerous! When I was growing up in the 70s in WA state we would but the flying type and loud banging type of fireworks, but we were safe about it and never did it in small enclosed yards!!!! I lived on a dead end street and all if our neighbors would go out together and they all has their hoses running, wet grads and the fireworks were done in the middle of the street. When we moved to CA in 77 they were much more strict about the fireworks and the houses were closer together and streets narrower, so we stopped buying those types if fireworks. Now as an adult with a home that I love those things scare the crud out of me! And you better believe that I have the police department in speed dial this time of year.

These are adults with illegals. Don't remember how long ago it was, but not near July. Some kids got into the parents illegal stuff and tried to light them on the store. Exploded the gas main and I never did find out if they we're alright. These things though around all these old houses, terrify me. And it's not like the neighbors around here run to help. They turn it into an event. We set things off on the 4th and I tend to have something small on birthdays or holidays, but all legal and nothing airborne. My animals are stressed. I owe eggs that I'm a week late sending. My birds won't lay and that's stressing me out.

Dumpster and Oscar are doing well. I'm about to lose my mind, but they're fine. I own someone Silkied AM eggs and these darn fireworks are making me nuts. No wonder I'm getting no eggs.
people have the fireworks that go up in the air here in Ceres calif. they have been shooting them off all week. I am always afraid they will come down in the hay stagk

I have them shooting them off from all directions now. Some in the alley behind my house. I was transferring plants to my garden yesterday and something really loud when off right next to the fence where I was standing. I didn't see anyone when I looked over, but my rabbits and 4 pens of birds are back there. Think I better not go to my daughter's on the 4th, so I can be armed with water hoses. Funny but on it the Bay Area, we all watered down our yards and property on the 4th. Out here, people look at me like I'm crazy. Oh well.

So many things are upsetting about the ways things are going now a days. I wish you well & in many ways wish things were more like they used to be.

Things are getting un evenly worse. The Central Valley is very bad with a life expectenc of about 75. The Coast near Silicon Valley has much lower crime and a life expectancy of about 85.

It is a have and have not thing. At least we have our chickens!

Spent my while life after 5 in the Bay Area and even the nicer areas have problems. I also think that because they get the better quality if food from here than they keep here to sell. And housing is cheaper here, but I pay a lot more for food and utilities here and try to shop out there when I can. But, my area no longer allowed many of my animals. All started with that d A RN sign on the freeway. "GATEWAY TO SILICON VALLEY" What a joke.

Since I'm thinking about it. Can some if you check our pages? Let me know what else is needed. Also don't forget to add things like events and feed store information and if you want added to the breeders list, Please follow the directions and pm me your info to be added.

Back
Top Bottom