CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Yea good news is a couple others and myself are going to be leading the poultry program at the highschool (nobody else has interest in chickens) so we are going to try and certify the school to be organic poultry, and we are going to take care of their farm and teach about poultry to classes when we can. But until someone who is in highschool is willing to take care of the chickens I am able to stay a bit longer. They want to find someone else soon too
hmm.png

Yea everything is getting real expensive specially since the minimum wage just went up. I hope to find a job once in out of college so I can try for a home with a bit of space for chickens. Even if I was able to keep 5 chickens including 1-2 roosters I would be soo greatful. I live in a town where there is mainly packing houses and feild work. And the homes in the country have tons of land but very expensive too. It would be nice if there were smaller pieces of property more affordable.
I hope you are successful getting the organic poultry certification.

Just a reminder... come visit other backyard coops in the Silicon Valley area!
The Third annual Silicon Valley Tour de Coop, a free, self-guided bicycle tour of chicken coops, gardens, bee hives, hoop houses, and coolest Silicon Valley urban homesteads, is happening this Sunday, September 21, 2014 from 9 AM to 4 PM.
This year’s coop tour is being sponsored by Slow Food South Bay, local chapter of Slow Food USA.
Go to www.tourdecoop.org for more information.

Just a reminder... come visit other backyard coops in the Silicon Valley area!
The Third annual Silicon Valley Tour de Coop, a free, self-guided bicycle tour of chicken coops, gardens, bee hives, hoop houses, and coolest Silicon Valley urban homesteads, is happening this Sunday, September 21, 2014 from 9 AM to 4 PM.
This year’s coop tour is being sponsored by Slow Food South Bay, local chapter of Slow Food USA.
Go to www.tourdecoop.org for more information.

thumbsup.gif

Hi There Everyone. I'm new to this thread, but not new to BYC. I'm in beautiful uptown Bodfish. Of course no-one knows where Bodfish is. I'm next to the Sequoia National Park with 25 chickens, and 17 turkies (for now). Anyone nearby?

Hi There Everyone. I'm new to this thread, but not new to BYC. I'm in beautiful uptown Bodfish. Of course no-one knows where Bodfish is. I'm next to the Sequoia National Park with 25 chickens, and 17 turkies (for now). Anyone nearby?

Looks like a nice place.

I am from Tehama County so I have not heard of Bodfish. It is very far from there.

Post pictures!

I've never heard of it either, although for most of my life, if it wasn't in the Bay Area I had no idea where anything was LOL

Welcome to the thread BTW

Back
Top Bottom