CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Well good luck with all those hatches!!!
fl.gif

Well one of my projects is actually giving me some results. Not quit there yet, but I'm excited. Hard to tell since my phone is all I have to use.

They started off laying a kind of cool looking gray egg. I knew there was a reason I liked them.
Now they are finally turning and one of these days? PURPLE! LOL I'll take this light lav or violet for now though!

Sunny, my roo is from a neighbor who bought him from a breeder but can't remember their info sooooo, due to this Ameracauna vrs EE, I guess I can't really say he's pure without being able to guarantee his heritage, right? But if you go by coloring, he's an Ameracauna color, has all the bells and whistles he needs....and his offspring have proven his blue gene. I'm still learning....I'm pretty good on horses and cocker spaniels but am still trying to figure out the chickens...especially the AM vs. EE
hu.gif
He moved over to our place because their dogs chased him. When he found out we had girls, he thought he'd died and gone to heaven!

Seth, your chicks are cute as can be! I see you're having a blast with them!

Kim.....wow, that purple egg is beautiful. Really good job on your project. As mentioned above, I have so much to learn with genetics on chickens. You amaze me! No need to color eggs this Easter!

Sheryl, Missy, Sunny and Elizabeth (and I'm sure I missed many others)....you girls are chicken swapping, enabling queens!
thumbsup.gif
Love the team spirit!

Woot! Purple eggs - who'da thunk it??? that's great!

Well one of my projects is actually giving me some results. Not quit there yet, but I'm excited. Hard to tell since my phone is all I have to use.

They started off laying a kind of cool looking gray egg. I knew there was a reason I liked them.
Now they are finally turning and one of these days? PURPLE! LOL I'll take this light lav or violet for now though!

Kim I posted about this on the Nevada thread. Save me some once you start getting enough. Please!!! And some of those aqua eggs too if you have her with a roo to keep that color going! Beautiful!
big_smile.png

Sunny, my roo is from a neighbor who bought him from a breeder but can't remember their info sooooo, due to this Ameracauna vrs EE, I guess I can't really say he's pure without being able to guarantee his heritage, right? But if you go by coloring, he's an Ameracauna color, has all the bells and whistles he needs....and his offspring have proven his blue gene. I'm still learning....I'm pretty good on horses and cocker spaniels but am still trying to figure out the chickens...especially the AM vs. EE
hu.gif
He moved over to our place because their dogs chased him. When he found out we had girls, he thought he'd died and gone to heaven!

Seth, your chicks are cute as can be! I see you're having a blast with them!

Kim.....wow, that purple egg is beautiful. Really good job on your project. As mentioned above, I have so much to learn with genetics on chickens. You amaze me! No need to color eggs this Easter!

Sheryl, Missy, Sunny and Elizabeth (and I'm sure I missed many others)....you girls are chicken swapping, enabling queens!
thumbsup.gif
Love the team spirit!

Well some EEs lay a prettier egg than the Ameraucanas do. Ams came from EEs anyway. It was just a matter of breeding them til they got a standard feather color to repeat consistently. Egg color was a lesser concern. I am all about the egg color usually but I have got quite a few right now that I got for feather color alone (eye candy for me). My customers love the mix of colors in the egg carton so for my laying flock I need a variety of egg colors.

They have been really bugging me since I sold my last flock and there are even more folks that are wanting eggs now. They will be so thrilled when the girls start laying enough to sell the extras.

For thos of u in the Merced, Turlock, Mosdesto area....

The Pet store i work at in Turlock is goin to be gettin Straight run Ducks and chicks in just in time for Easter!!

The Ducks are hatchery Choice Straight from Ideal

The Chicks are Barnyard Mix which u could possible get old english games, Oriental games, astrolorps, California Grey, Alot of mix breeds, and who knows what else lol. Im Hatching the chicks myself.

The Pet Store is called Pet Avenue. Its In the Savemart Center on Geer Rode in Turlock.

also!! If ur looking for puppies there sold there too!!

Just thought id let anyone know if intrested!!

Chicks wont arrive till the week of Easter!!

Thanks Stephanie. BTW I added you to the first post. Welcome to the thread!

CHICKS AT STEPHANIE"S SHOP!!!

Sunny I posted on the Nevada thread. You know you're getting some of these. Right now Lettie (blue egg) is part of the purple project. Mostly because she's a Houdini bird. I figured I might as well see what I get since her eggs don't have a green tint. I'll be putting her back in with the Shaffer roo as soon as I can figure out how she gets out, but I'm going to hatch out what she's still laying and see if I get more purple layers. I've been collecting from her to do this, but then separated them and she just likes those other roos I guess. LOL

Back
Top Bottom