CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Jules,

They are adorable and I agree, it is a fantastic shot.

I want some little ducks! Hubby promised me that when we get our place I can have a duck pond AND my guineas. Patience is not my strong suit, especially when I see cuties like this.

the other Jules

Congrats, wolftracks - glad your arm's getting better.
celebrate.gif

Ha Ha Kim that sounds just like Kayla I can hear her now I'm glad to know that you can have the cast off I had to wear mine it seemed like forever the brace too I never needed any therapy either I did so many things like moving hay riding that you cannot tell any more both wrists turn the same.

I'm glad you're healing well, Kim. Isn't that just adding insult to injury, being allergic to bandages? I forgot and slapped a big one on a chunk of arm I lost on the quail pens, and now I have a nice square rash around it.
Look what arrived today:

Ducklings 036 by Cowgirl Jules, on Flickr
It was a good thing I came home from work early today, as the mail lady just left them on the porch to freeze to death. They were really cold, but fortunately all still alive. The box said in several places to hold at the post office, with my number plastered all over it. I'm afraid to call and complain, or we won't get any mail at all.

Oh my! Talk about cute!

OMG we need more pics on this thread. I think ducks have to be one of the cutiest things in the world.

BTW back when I was heavy into photography I loved my Nikon cameras (also have Fujis). These days I couldn't tell you diddly about anything. I lost all my equipment and I had spent years collecting...omg just everything. I just never got back into it. Then my youngest sister started up and she's really good so she's the family photographer. Although I hated the pics she took and used in my mom and my husband's obits, but that's another story.

Denny, you never know what's gonna come out of this kids mouth. We sent 2 hours tonight looking for her sleeping mask. Yes that's right a dog gone mask! She has 2 but her mommy brought this one back from one of her trips and it says "DO NOT DISTURB!" and she said she couldn't sleep without it. I told her to use her other one, like they stay on and she said that she needed that one so no one would wake her u because she was just exhausted. Told her if she was that exhausted she wouldn't be looking for a mask. She laid down, I told her good night and she was already snoring. Thank God!

My lavender egg and the 2 plum colored ones are in the bator and I haven't gotten a single one since.
hit.gif
BUT I did get someone out there laying taupe and gray which is how the others started out so I have 2 or 3 of them that should be laying lavender or plum soon. I hope! I have several attempts in color from my project, so the next first gen is going under lock and key. I figured I was going to have to keep going to see any results so I sold and gave away chicks......................
ep.gif
SUNNY! You may already have one!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe 2 from the EE chicks I sent up with you! Tell whoever gets those to let us know ASAP when they start laying. I just thought about that! I just can't remember what color eggs I hatched out. OMG!!!!!!

I got carried away with tryng to move my wrist. Not smart, so it's really aching. No pain pill, cause it's late and my body hasn't adjusted to the time change. I'd probably sleep till noon.

Last edited:
My lavender egg and the 2 plum colored ones are in the bator and I haven't gotten a single one since.
hit.gif
BUT I did get someone out there laying taupe and gray which is how the others started out so I have 2 or 3 of them that should be laying lavender or plum soon. I hope! I have several attempts in color from my project, so the next first gen is going under lock and key. I figured I was going to have to keep going to see any results so I sold and gave away chicks......................
ep.gif
SUNNY! You may already have one!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe 2 from the EE chicks I sent up with you! Tell whoever gets those to let us know ASAP when they start laying. I just thought about that! I just can't remember what color eggs I hatched out. OMG!!!!!!...

Really? Cool!!! I'm not selling these. They are staying with me! I can't take a chance on someone else getting a lavender egg layer!!!
big_smile.png

Really? Cool!!! I'm not selling these. They are staying with me! I can't take a chance on someone else getting a lavender egg layer!!!
big_smile.png

LOL yeah I really do think you might have at least one there. Same breeding. Thing is I don't have a roo! I got rid of all of them. What was I thinking?????????? I have plenty to work with again though. I'm using Lettie's eggs for the blue. My roo I've used came from a really blue egg and I've gotten a lot of almost pink eggs that are darker than I started out with, so I think i can get some more this season. I hope!

Kim so glad you are on the mend! I had a huge shipping day yesterday. 10 juvenile basque hens, over 50 chicks & 18 eggs.

More eggs shipping thursday for people in the Mahonri's easter hatch a long....busy week

10 jubilee orps hopefully hatching, in lockdown now - all sold

Crazy fun here EXCEPT the pens are flooding at the ranch so I had to move my silver pencils into the free pen I was going to move the new Tolbunt Polish I got into. What a mucky mess....

Did I show you these ones yet?

Also finished the brooder over at the Ranch so the kids there can observe them growing up! Just took an old hutch, a quart of paint, shutter thingies from my house etc and I think it turned out pretty cute

Cheryl,
So cute.......................... I recognize it from being at the ranch but what a facelift you gave it. I just love repurposing things. I will never nhave a nicely planned out "pretty" place because I am always retrofitting things so I end up looking totally disjointed all the time.....LL. That's okay I love my life & do what I can.......LOL. Love seeing all that you are doing. Keep it up.
see you at Walt's class
Kim so glad you are on the mend! I had a huge shipping day yesterday. 10 juvenile basque hens, over 50 chicks & 18 eggs.

More eggs shipping thursday for people in the Mahonri's easter hatch a long....busy week

10 jubilee orps hopefully hatching, in lockdown now - all sold

Crazy fun here EXCEPT the pens are flooding at the ranch so I had to move my silver pencils into the free pen I was going to move the new Tolbunt Polish I got into. What a mucky mess....

Did I show you these ones yet?

Also finished the brooder over at the Ranch so the kids there can observe them growing up! Just took an old hutch, a quart of paint, shutter thingies from my house etc and I think it turned out pretty cute

Back
Top Bottom