CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Monet and I are!!! I am preparing for the future by taking advantage of every opportunity to learn more about breeding and showing!
smile.png

I know nothing about Granite Bay, but I'm sure someone here will know the area better. As far as Folsom My husband drove us there so he could buy me my first FBCM flock. They were all straight from Bev Davis and the people we bought from had hatched out a younger flock from them. We also went there to buy my Sportsman. As far as city property I'm just not sure, but they have very nice neighborhoods and I know the areas I've been too have HOAs. I hate those things.

Some people set up fans in coops for their birds. I'm in the Central Valley and it gets HOT! I freeze water in gallon milk jugs. I put ice in waterers and I've been known to spray down my flock. At least combs and legs. My SIL is supposed to set up a watering system with buckets and barrels and PVC. Once that's done, I'll just stick jugs into the whole thing and refreeze when I need to.
Thanks to you and all the other posters that left information. We leave tomorrow morning. We're not locked in to Granite Bay, it's just on the list. Personally I like an older house with some character to 'box' communities. We are a little concerned about resale though, so we'll have to weigh our options. I'd love to get our ladies across the border somehow. I may ask the people at the checkpoint tomorrow about it too. My chickens are so spoiled, they will probably have their own a/c or cooled walls! LOL. I like the foothills idea, but I've also been researching rattlesnakes. My husband is terrified of snakes and if he gets wind that there are rattlers anywhere near there, he will refuse to move. Some of the literature said they are more concentrated in the foothills area that in the more crowded landscaped communities. I will have to put a snake barrier in our backyard while he's at work and sort of forget to mention it!

I'm in the foothills about 15 minutes east of Folsom. Sorry, I just haven't had time yet to answer your questions. When people talk about Granite Bay, they are usually thinking about the mansions (Eddie Murphy had a house there), but there are plenty of rural areas around the outskirts and you can get a few acres of land.

I think Folsom would be a better choice or the foothills. Either the Hwy 80 corridor in Placer Co or the Hwy 50 corridor in El Dorado Co (where I am).

Anyway, more later. Oh and I've seen my share of rattlesnakes. I used to get about one per year. I haven't seen one now in the last 15 years or so. A shovel and a bit of nerve and no more rattlesnake.

Deb

Back
Top Bottom