CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Thank youI
will check out the breeders that you listed. I hope something will come up. If not I will get baby chicks again next spring, they are so fun to raise
smile.png

It's already better than before?!!! Wow! The first few months after my surgery I thought I had made the biggest mistake of my life! LOL I need your Doctor's name and number. Seriously! Can you pm it to me? It's getting worse and worse. The last 2 weeks have been really bad.
sad.png
Steve is bugging me to call an orthopedist.

Went to get pictures last thing this evening after all the chores were done and the stupid battery is dead! Or the stupid owner let the battery run down. Where's the embarrassed smiley?

Last edited:
Every time I went out to collect eggs there was a hen in one of the boxes and I just waited to collect. It's cool outside,so I wasn't worried about them getting warm, but I had to do the same thing yesterday and I had to fight Fat Chick for the eggs. I told her "No going broody!" Well this evening I had to fight her for the eggs again. 6 of them! I think I need to set up a small pen and area for her to wonder and if she still feels like setting, I'll stick some eggs under her. Maybe she'll do a better job than I'm doing the past two hatches.

Can't hurt! sorry your hatch went so bad.....sucks!

I can't compete with those adorable duck pics, but here's one of my GS, Kaleb, checking out some of my SGDs...

Kim

I have way more grand daughter's than grandsons. Send that little cutie my way!

Can't hurt! sorry your hatch went so bad.....sucks!

I have the Easter hatch, plus days and days of other hatches. I'm just so made about that spike. I was gone for about 5 hours, so who knows how long it was that high.

Brewmonkey, I bet you can find chicks right now, if that's what you want to start with. Just post in here once in a while till you find one. Someone has to have one some place in this state.

I finally learn how to do the multiple quotes and then they get all goofy on me. Getting as frustrating as FB. Been fighting with my FB. I hate that thing, but I've used it a lot this year. Well compared to to the 2 years before when I never opened it. Now I go there and get a warning message every time, over and over. Then the whole thing freezes up or reopens and I'm about to say, forget it. Didn't like it before and now it's messing with my laptop. Can't afford to fix a computer, so I think I'll be on here a lot less from now on.

I'd love to have a grand daughter ... waiting & hoping on my oldest son and his wife.
lol.png

Wolftracks Kim, this thread wouldn't be the same without you, so I hope that your computer starts behaving.

I wish all of you, who are recovering or dealing with pain, healing and well wishes!

Remember to appreciate and enjoy this beautiful weather while it lasts!

Kim

We have missed Wolftracks Kim on the Easter Hatchalong forum too.

It is so fun! There is a short story contest that is going now and the stories are great. The egg art contest has ended and we get to vote now. Look for the link in the first thread.

Mahonri the Thread starter has already started to panic. He already has 6 hatched in one incubator. The other held temps better and it will be closer to the right day for hatching, but he is already freaking out about it all.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/625456/mahonris-3rd-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/9180

I have 13 of 15 EO Basque Hens in the Genesis I use for a hatcher. No pips yet but should have them by tomorrow. This is my first time hatching these eggs but hopefully this will be the first of many for the Basque Hens.

Bye,

Ron

edited to correct spelling. RO

Last edited:
I'd love to have a grand daughter ... waiting & hoping on my oldest son and his wife.
lol.png

Wolftracks Kim, this thread wouldn't be the same without you, so I hope that your computer starts behaving.

I wish all of you, who are recovering or dealing with pain, healing and well wishes!

Remember to appreciate and enjoy this beautiful weather while it lasts!

Kim
Thank you Kim (Capay). The nice weather does wonders for me while I'm recovering from my back surgeries. I hope others are feeling good from the warm sun. Kim, I sure hope you've been busy at the drs getting that contraption off and going to physical therapy where I pray they are strengthening you typing muscles!!! Sarah, is your back any better? Kim (C) I have 5 grandkids and only one granddaughter but she is so much fun and loves the chickens and horses! Hope your kids surprise you with blessed news!

So this was my morning.
I was cleaning out the little chicken pen, full of beautiful birchen marans that I got from Cheryl. One of them got a wild hair & flew out - right into the face of Miss Kitty, the most efficient little killer on four paws. I froze, heart in throat. Miss Kitty took a half-hearted swipe at the chick, gave me the stinkeye, and left for parts unknown.
I calmly put my heart back where it belonged, picked up the chick (who was fine, thank God!) and put her in the temporary tote.
I finished cleaning the pen and picked up the container of fresh (cold!) water to put it back. It fell apart, dumping water all over the poor chicks. Blarg.
So I dried them off & put them under the light. They were shivering, but I think they'll be okay.
Today is NOT a good day to be a Marans at my house.

I'm going to go hide so I don't accidentally destroy the planet.

So this was my morning.
I was cleaning out the little chicken pen, full of beautiful birchen marans that I got from Cheryl. One of them got a wild hair & flew out - right into the face of Miss Kitty, the most efficient little killer on four paws. I froze, heart in throat. Miss Kitty took a half-hearted swipe at the chick, gave me the stinkeye, and left for parts unknown.
I calmly put my heart back where it belonged, picked up the chick (who was fine, thank God!) and put her in the temporary tote.
I finished cleaning the pen and picked up the container of fresh (cold!) water to put it back. It fell apart, dumping water all over the poor chicks. Blarg.
So I dried them off & put them under the light. They were shivering, but I think they'll be okay.
Today is NOT a good day to be a Marans at my house.

I'm going to go hide so I don't accidentally destroy the planet.

BOY that really has me laughing out loud!!! As long as they are safe and warm now you've done your job. It's 5 o'clock somewhere...pour yourself a glass of wine :)

I go for my post op today. It's not great yet but better. My insurance didn't pay for therapy, so I just work with it myself. Heck my insurance doesn't pay much for all the bills envolved, so I couldn't afford it anyway.

I don't know what FB has on it that's messing with me, but until this year I never went on the site anyway. No problems since I stopped going there.

I have 104 eggs in lockdown for saturday. Never locked down in the Sportsman and I'm nervous. I don't like forced air during lockdown and since my last 3 hatches were so awful, I'm a mess. I have over 200 other eggs in there too, so staggered hatch.

So my car is in the shop, yet again. I hope the part we've been waiting on is the problem. So weird, everything looks great and I still end up with the same code showing. Then last night I tried answering my phone while peeling potatoes next to the sink. Dropped it in a bowl of water, so just took it out of a container of rice. Should I cook it first before I feed it all to the birds? I hope my mechanic calls soon. I have a DRs appointment at 3 and need to ship off some eggs.

Back
Top Bottom