CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Very nice Cheryl! About Sir Giles, I've never thought he'd be anywhere but with you, but it sounds like he's going to be a very happy bird.

It's BBQ season!

393602_167164693381261_166367050127692_270049_1001479301_n.jpg

We are so excited to welcome Cheryls Coronation Sucssex. I can't get over how sweet Sir Giles is. My daughter is in love! Here they are: This is part of the area they will eventually be free ranging in (I alwayse quarantine new animals). Right now in my layer flock I have 8 different breed hens so the new flock will fit right in. Cheryl is very generous and so kind! I'm honored she gave us these beautiful birds! They will be so happy here.

Kim, I never thought I'd give up Sir Giles either but he is so large and even though his breeding pen was generous in size I just really felt it was time to live on the range! He's so lovable and when Sarah lost her favorite roo some time ago, I thought to myself that Sir Giles would be a great substitute. They will be so happy with Sarah's family. I couldn't think of a better place.

As far as the empty pen is concerned.... well the one next to it is for Hampbars (I have 2 german new hampshires with one of my Rhodebar roos), that is if I decide to breed them. So I may have 2 empty pens. We'll see, I'm not really into "making" breeds so I'm going to be looking around for something that I think we are lacking on the west coast. Debi and I have been chatting about show quality speckled sussex. Or I'm also fond of gold neck booted bantams. I do love spotted chickens! WHAT FUN!!!

Last edited:
Kim, I never thought I'd give up Sir Giles either but he is so large and even though his breeding pen was generous in size I just really felt it was time to live on the range! He's so lovable and when Sarah lost her favorite roo some time ago, I thought to myself that Sir Giles would be a great substitute. They will be so happy with Sarah's family. I couldn't think of a better place.

As far as the empty pen is concerned.... well the one next to it is for Hampbars (I have 2 german new hampshires with one of my Rhodebar roos), that is if I decide to breed them. So I may have 2 empty pens. We'll see, I'm not really into "making" breeds so I'm going to be looking around for something that I think we are lacking on the west coast. Debi and I have been chatting about show quality speckled sussex. Or I'm also fond of gold neck booted bantams. I do love spotted chickens! WHAT FUN!!!

I was kind of hoping that the blank pen had SS penciled in on your master copy!
smile.png

I've been to Sarah's and I love that area for her layers. They went to a very very good home.

Back
Top Bottom