CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Kim, I will probably have an extra Platinum Sumatra cockerel, my kids are just around 4 months and starting to grow in their gender feathers. I should know soon who is what. I plan on only keeping Dun cockerels and pullets and Platinum pullets, so all the Platinum cockerels will need homes.

Platinum X Black = 25% Platinum, 25% Dun, 25% Blue and 25% Black.

Let me know if you're interested.
smile.png

Jeremy I'll definately keep you in mind. Let me know when you decide who you're keeping. If I can afford one it wouldn't hurt to have an extra roo and color. I want to make sure though that I have another roo from Anthony Rose's lines. I have a pullet from him and one from Bridgette. My guy was just gorgeous. I was really hoping my girls would have been laying so I'd at least be able to have chicks out of him.

So many things happened today, that a 2 1/2 hr drive to Dixon was more than I could bring myself to do. I didn't get to take Bill his flag today. I feel so guilty, but I know he would know I was thinking about him today. Not like I don't anyway, but he never expected things from anyone and just did things for them no matter what. Just like any other Vet.

Nothing else has hatched here. I have one chick from the Silkied AM eggs I bought. OUCH! Nothing else even pipped.Never fails
sad.png

I knew I had another broody! I had a hen that went over the fence the other night when the others were going to roost. Couldn't see where she went in my neighbor's yard and then I forgot she had done it till I chased 2 of them back to my yard today.

A few minutes ago Makayla came home with this!

Can anyone tell what it is?

Last edited:
I not only can't tell what it is, I can't even see what it is
lau.gif

The picture looks like a piece of styrofoam, with two lines, maybe a couple of eggs near the bottom and a black area.

I can't even see any definition of anything. Maybe a better picture would help.

Deb

Let's see if this posts yet!

Best I can do right now. It's a smashed Pepsi carton with a broody and eggs. You can only see the eggs, because she hadn't rolled them back under her yet. Shockingly Kayla carried that worn out box in one hand and 2 of the eggs with the other hand. Momma was still in the box that's closer to flat than anything, sitting on 3 other eggs, so 5 eggs total. The whole box is now in a dog crate. I'm not even sure which bird is sitting yet.

I don't know what happened, but I was going to do a contest for my 8,000th post. Oops. Maybe I should do it for when this thread reaches a milestone number of posts.

Anyone have events for me to list? I haven't found anything lately.

Sunny you wouldn't believe the shape it's in. Makayla carried it home by the handle. I had no idea a bird was in it and I thought she was going to drop eggs out. All of a sudden the box shakes and I hear the hen. So I grabbed up the box and held the bottom so she wouldn't fall through and we gave her the other 2 eggs. I had to put the whole thing in the dog crate, cause I was trying to come up with something and sat the box down in my kitchen. Next thing I know I have a hen running around the house and me yelling "Don't let her get to the door!!!" I'm still not sure who this bird is. I grabbed her and stuck her into the crate and box and had to leave, so didn't get a chance to really check. Is that bad? All I got done was take that pic of the crushed, dirty box and the 2 eggs I gave back. I can see her a little in the pic, but not enough. I didn't go out back today to see who was out. I have a Game hen, Juliet, Shady, my OE and Willma, my Wellie, who when I don't see more than one from far away or when they are flapping in my face like today, I can't figure out who is who. I do think I grabbed Juliet though. Almost positive, but there were feathers in my face and I just wanted to get her out of here.

Back
Top Bottom