CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

hit.gif
I lost one of the black ones. My tarp feel and I went to the store for ice to cool everyone off, but sat for only about 5 minutes before I went out to pass out ice. There was too much sun on them. I'm a rabbit killer
sad.png
If I had gone out as soon as I got back I would have seen the tarp down sooner.
Oh man that sucks!!!

I've never had Wyandottes before, does this one look like a cockerel to you guys? He/she is about 4-5 months old.

Elizabeth
I agree with the others. That's definitely a roo.
hmm.png

He's beautiful. I'm partial to roos though.

Well more misery for me. I've been putting this off for a long time because I just wanted her to get better, but Rockette's leg didn't heal right and she's just a mess. I sold the roos that hurt her, but that doesn't make it any easier. The leg twisted. I swear my life has changed and it's being past on to my animals. I fell like a jinx. I can't cull her, but I know it needs to be done. She's not keeping enough weight on being confind and I just don't want her to have to be like this. I'm just not sure what to do with her. She can't be kept in tight quarters just to be able to stand and when I try to get her to walk .......omg, I just hate losing her.

I haven't seen Blackie take care of the kits at all. I know they don't spend a lot of time with them, but I was so excited about this litter and after losing one I'm so paranoid about the others. I'm really missing Bill right now. He always made everything alright and I'm having a hard time dealing with failure and him not here to boost me up.

I've been spending a lot of time looking through mls and I've seen a couple of things I kind of like, but nothing that has enough of what I need. I got stuck looking at leastings in Vegas last night. Must have been on there for 4 hours and if it wasn't so far I found a ton of places there.

Something good better start happening around here or I'm going to start losing it. Well, lose it even more I should have said.

Someone cheer me up. We need more pics or something.

He's beautiful. I'm partial to roos though.

Well more misery for me. I've been putting this off for a long time because I just wanted her to get better, but Rockette's leg didn't heal right and she's just a mess. I sold the roos that hurt her, but that doesn't make it any easier. The leg twisted. I swear my life has changed and it's being past on to my animals. I fell like a jinx. I can't cull her, but I know it needs to be done. She's not keeping enough weight on being confind and I just don't want her to have to be like this. I'm just not sure what to do with her. She can't be kept in tight quarters just to be able to stand and when I try to get her to walk .......omg, I just hate losing her.

I haven't seen Blackie take care of the kits at all. I know they don't spend a lot of time with them, but I was so excited about this litter and after losing one I'm so paranoid about the others. I'm really missing Bill right now. He always made everything alright and I'm having a hard time dealing with failure and him not here to boost me up.

I've been spending a lot of time looking through mls and I've seen a couple of things I kind of like, but nothing that has enough of what I need. I got stuck looking at leastings in Vegas last night. Must have been on there for 4 hours and if it wasn't so far I found a ton of places there.

Something good better start happening around here or I'm going to start losing it. Well, lose it even more I should have said.

Someone cheer me up. We need more pics or something.

When you check the baby rabbits in the morning they will all have a full belly. First time mothers need to be left to them self.

So are there any ice hockey fans here ?

They're still breathing so I guess that's a plus. I need to take some greens out to momma in a bit. It's been too hot to move today. I worked up a sweat walking from my room to the livingroom and I live in a cracker box, so I'm going to be u doing what should have been done all day. I have furniture to pick up if I find a way to do it and I need to get rid of the junk furniture and find space for it. I figure I'll go fill waterers in a bit too. I like to fill them at night so they are cooler. If that makes sense.

I used to be a die hard Sharks fan, but haven't watched hockey in years. First I never got a chance and then I got to the point that I changed channels. I have teams for different sports and can't even tell you who plays anymore and I used to know stats. I'm a fair weather fan these days. I'll wear team colors as long as they don't make me look fat.

Quote: Originally Posted by wolftracks I lost one of the black ones. My tarp feel and I went to the store for ice to cool everyone off, but sat for only about 5 minutes before I went out to pass out ice. There was too much sun on them. I'm a rabbit killer If I had gone out as soon as I got back I would have seen the tarp down sooner. Oh man that sucks!!! Quote: Originally Posted by liz9910 I've never had Wyandottes before, does this one look like a cockerel to you guys? He/she is about 4-5 months old. http://cdn.backyardchickens.com/7/7c/7cbee656_4.jpeg Elizabeth I agree with the others. That's definitely a roo.

He looks exactly like a EE Roo I sold on Craigslist last year. The older he got the more colorful he became!

Last edited:
Liz, I think ROO too.........
Kim congrats on the litter, sorry for the loss. I always fed alfalfa to the mammas & when the babies are out of the nest box I kept calf manna in a creep feeder. Do you put frozen bottles of water in the cage for the heat? I lost more rabbits to the heat than anything else. One year it was really bad when it was in triple digits here.
Sorry about the cripples hen. If you need up to come & get her let me know. Sometimes it is just easy for someone else to do what needs to be done. They are not emotionally invested.
Good luck with those babies.

Back
Top Bottom