CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

frow.gif

The second Hen from my first hatch, just before Christmas laid her first egg yesterday. She laid the egg, sang the egg song and then camped out under one of the Chicken hutches to recover:

Maranda:

The egg isn't real dark for a Marans. I hope her ink jets just didn't fire up yet. It is a nice size egg for a first one. Maranda's egg is on the left. The other egg is an Australorp egg:

I can't wait for more
wee.gif

Ron

OK I trying to figure some things out and I need to find out exactly what a AR2 zoning means. There's almost a 1/2 acre which is less than I want, but if the birds are welcome I guess it would do. Anyone know if this is ok or does it depend on the area? The place is torn up and so it may be a don't bother property, but at least it has some kind of AG zoning.

a. AR-10: A low density, single-family residential land use zone with a minimum
parcel size of 10 gross acres. The purpose of agricultural/residential zoning is to
allow the keeping of animals and the raising of crops for personal or income
supplementation purposes.
b. AR-5, AR-2, and AR-1: These agricultural/residential land use zones are
essentially the same as AR-10 except for a smaller gross lot size.

Hope this helps.

Go Kings
frow.gif

parcel size of 10 gross acres. The purpose of agricultural/residential zoning is to

Hope this helps.

Go Kings
frow.gif
So I should be ok. I hope. Sure wish it was more land and less work. Oh and less money which I would offer,

Hope this helps.

Go Kings
frow.gif
So I should be ok. I hope. Sure wish it was more land and less work. Oh and less money which I would offer,
I assume it's in Sacramento County? Those codes are for that area I believe. Good luck with it!!! If it's what you want anyway...

I assume it's in Sacramento County? Those codes are for that area I believe. Good luck with it!!! If it's what you want anyway...
I was going to say something similar. Zoning codes are different in different counties. The best thing to do is talk to someone at the County that the property is in and find out what is allowed in the different zones. For example, Davis allows six hens and now roosters. West Sac bases animals on the size of the lot and I think they allow roosters.

I hope it all works out for you.

Ron

I am bummed out, I have 4 roosters I can't keep. Someone from Craigslist contacted me to inquire "how old is he, what is his temperment" gee, I wonder what they wanted to use him for?

I am bummed out, I have 4 roosters I can't keep. Someone from Craigslist contacted me to inquire "how old is he, what is his temperment" gee, I wonder what they wanted to use him for?

It's hard to say what they wanted to use them for. I have read that if you charge even a little bit for the roosters, its less likely they will be eaten.

Do you think they want to fight them? They don't usually fight the kind of roos you have, do they?

A lot of people still think you need a roo to get eggs. Others think you have healthier eggs if they are fertile. Others may actually want to breed your type of Roos.

Chin up! You will find a good home for them.
fl.gif

Ron

HI!!! How is everyone and their chickens?

I had so much fun with Seiji, my EO Basque Roo I get to keep! He rode around on my shoulder tonight. Then I took the one little Dick Hortsman RIR out to play. He did not like the grass and tried to fly up to me. He got onto my shoulder too. He stayed with me for a while in the living room but it seemed like he wanted to go back to the brooder, so I put him back. He is three weeks old.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom