CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

I'm a slow typist, so this will show you how long it takes me to post. It's 3:58am.

Had the 4th granduation of the grandkids tonight, oops! Yesterday. We got there at 4:00 for seat and they started at 6. Went to my grand daughter's friends to eat afterwards and then started back about 9pm. I don't do well in the dark these days, but figured braile would work. We got onto 99 and didn't go over 4mph for 50 minutes. We decided to stop in Ripon and get Makayla something else to eat. I think she ran off her food playing with all the kids and my daughter is a skinny little thing that eats all the time, so of course they both got something. Got back on the freeway and that's when the slow dow started. I finally found an exit I wouldn't get lost on and took the streets for a while. We got close enough to an on ramp and Vanessa said they were flying now, so back on. The next exit we het it again. Two exits from my house took 30 minutes. So got home a little before midniight.

I went out to collect roos, but right now I'm listening to at least 3 crowing. I just can get hold of them all with this setup. I just want some time where I don't have to run away and get to those hoop coops. My backyard is over run with chickens right now. nothing like a bunch of roos roosting by your bedroom window. They've pooped on the outside walls. Good thing I buy a lot of bleach, cause once things are done, I'm bleaching top to bottom.

So It's garbage day. I've been workingon clearing weeds that refused to die until my SIL came over with something from work. Now it's brown weeds, but I have much of them out, but wuth a gravel drive, you can imagine what I'm still trying to rake through. We just started getting a recycling container this month. I filled that puppy up in one day and it had worked it's way down a few inches so I stuff it more before I left. Figured I'd be to tired to move when I got home and put the cans out. I still had a half empty garbage can, so I went out and started stuffing that too. At 2:15am ! Yeah the neighbors love me alright. Not, but I just needed to do more. I couldn't fit Makayla's case of yogurt drinks in there, so I cleaned out the fridge. Took that out, then came in to grab a broom because she had her friends out there playing and there was a huge mess, so I started to sweep. I could hear the noise from the freeway repairs and saw smoke and thought they were pouring blacktop or something, but the smoke got worse and then I saw flames. I ran in for my phone and called 911, which is a pain on a cell and finally got to talk to the FD, but they kept asking for a physical address. I kept telling them I was sure it was around the block near the far corner, but they kept asking. Then said they'd send someone to see what was going on. ????????? All of a sudden I see trees going up and I know that tree, so it had spread to the house next to it. I know people live there. Still not hearing sirens, but I'm watching this thing blaze. Got in my car and drove around the block and it was EXACTLY where I said it was. There's a church on one side and the house with the tree on the other. Cars are driving up and down the street staring, so I called 911 on redial. OOPS! Daughter #3 answers half asleep. I said "Sorry sweety, I was trying for 911! Bye" and had to dial it again. Dispatch comes on and I told them who I was and she asks if I have the address. ummmmmmmmmm

So people are stopping and watching, but doing nothing. Two couples in one car get out to sit on their car and watch. WTH? Anyway I tell dispatch there is no address it's engulfed and the heat is so bad I couldn't stop. I did however break up a few looky lous when I first turned the corned and saw lights out in houses. I laid on my horn and drove as slow as I could then started just honking like crazy. I don't care who I woke up, I just didn't want people burning in their homes while they slept. So I was turning around, still talking to dispatch and the first engine was turning the corner, so I waited for them to pass and drove to the corner and turned and parked. This fire was huge! They had to have been able to see it from the Fire Department, but I swear they have ALWAYS been slow to respond in this area. Another long story back when I had just gotten out of the hospital with my 5th stroke.

I saw for a minute and from where I was to that fire was soooooo hot I could feel it in my car. Things started to crackle and I figured I'd better move on before they needed more room for more trucks. Heard those flying on my way. So when I came in to post there was still smoke, but I couldn't tell if it was still burning. My daughter called me back about 10 minutes after I accidently called her and I had just gotten home and was walking out on the porch to look for the second fire. Told her what was going on and I was sorry to walk her up and when she was hanging up she said "Mom we gotta get you out of there."

You noticed I said I was looking for the second fire? We have an arcenist here. He likes to light things up and if the church was burned at all, it's at least his second. The other was across the street and at the far corner from this one. That was a few months ago. They started tearing the church down about a week ago. That night he lit up the house 2 doors down from me and once they had it out, he set the church on fire. A couple of months ago he finished setting the one 2 doors down, so he doesn't have it to keep setting.

This frustrates me. It hasn't been just these fires and btw I slept through the one near me while the lady next to it also had her house catch. They had to rescure her. The people next to me saw that fire and called, but no one let me know we could have been in danger. It was burned to the ground. And I had been up till 2:30am and that one was set at 3am. So this guy hits in the middle of the night. I don't know if he's killed anyone yet, but he will. But wouldn't it make since that he sets 2 each time, so you would have cops looking all over? I've talked to the Battalion Chief and I mentioned the 2 each time and he says "wow, that's right." DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK.....I'm tired. I'm affraid to go to sleep until the sun comes up and he's not playing with matches. I also know how he sets these and the fire chief told me I was right. There was a girl that walks around here and always says hello that was terrified the night of the first church fire. She did say his name and was shaking like a leaf. She said he'll be walking and grab a flash or bottle from his pocket and a lighter. That's what he uses. And when he came back and set the house next to me on fire, the next day I heard 4 people pushing carts down the street and a girl telling them that _______ walked out and it went up in flames. I just didn't hear ________'s name.

Arrrgg ....Stupid roo is crowing again. Someone across the alley has several roos too and they start up about 3am and mine want to answer them. I don't want the neighbors complaining, so the peach bins that are still sitting in the drive have a new purpose if I can get it done. I liked the idea of sound boxes, so I'm thinking if I divid up roos I have house them in 2 sound box coops. ???? Maybe? Well see. I just have to make these much higher, so they have roosting space. Heck they all like to huddle with the hens in about 7ft of space, so they should be ok, I hope.

OMG! They're crowing like they've been to a Raider game!

I'm so tired.
Wow Kim! That is terrifying!!!
sad.png

Quote: Makes sense. Thanks for the reality check.

Anyone out or around Los Angles or Pasadena with hatching eggs for sale for pick up today??? Have someone looking for a project that HAS to start tomorrow and they're emailing around looking.

Anyone out or around Los Angles or Pasadena with hatching eggs for sale for pick up today??? Have someone looking for a project that HAS to start tomorrow and they're emailing around looking.
I hope you found something.

My second day of American Grafitti Weekend didn't turn out as planned. It took me way to long to decorate all the cupcakes for my grand daughter's grad party. Gonna try again at 8am and see if I make it to the last part of the show at MJC.

There is a post Hundreds of chickens that I saw while looking at the unanswered posts. Says that there are hundreds of chickens and turkeys available at the Santa Barbara county animal shelter. Don't know if BYC encourages advertisement of this type, but thought this might be a good thread to get the word out. Maybe there's a better one?

Reminder: Follow quarantine procedures!!

There is a post Hundreds of chickens that I saw while looking at the unanswered posts. Says that there are hundreds of chickens and turkeys available at the Santa Barbara county animal shelter. Don't know if BYC encourages advertisement of this type, but thought this might be a good thread to get the word out. Maybe there's a better one?

Reminder: Follow quarantine procedures!!
There are also some threads listed in the first post of this thread for regions. You might want to post in those too.

There's always Trader Joe's fertile eggs if push comes to shove....

Quote: I keep thinking about that too. There is a Trader Joe's just a couple of miles from my Office.

Is it best to find out the delivery day and have the Dairy manager hold out a dozen or so for you? Others say to dig through the display case and pick the ones with the best use by dates.

Ron

I dig through. The reason being, they'll up the price if they know we're hatching them. hehe

OK

What I did on my weekend

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom