CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

What new SPPRs did you get? What happened? did you get the birds back? how old were they??
sad.png

I won't be breeding them any longer and I've sold my two great roos to Shannon at Die Fly Ranch. With my health issues I'm needing to cut back
The are from Denny. She brought me 2 Blue Copper Marans and a SPPR. I think the pen I had them in got opened when the rake and shovel I had nect to it fell. I was out back all day, mostly in the garage. The chickens made noise several times when I'd drop something in the garage or when the broodies went out to eat and drink, but I'd look out the door and it was usually something simple. I had given them all some cherrie tomatoes when I first went out and I was taking a break and thought I'd go look at my new babies. I really hadn't spent time checking them out, just getting things done for them and letting them settle in. I found the Marans up on the rabbit cages. They were huddled away from the other birds in the yard. Snack is a dinky OEGB and he has a huge attitude with new roos, so I had to chase him off. So much for quarentine! So the Marans are out now with the ones that free range and I have yet to find my SPPR girl. The only thing I can think of is she managed to fly over the shorter fence from the rabbit cages. I don't know how she could do it or why the Marans didn't, but that's the only way she could get out of the yard. I'm so frustrated. I really wanted that bird and Denny picked out a really nice one for me. I was hoping to get those yellow legs out of her. The whole thing is weird. I just don't know how she's just gone. Like i said I was in and out of the garage for hours and I spent hours looking for her too. I showed the kids in the neighborhood what she looked like, showing them one of my other girls, but they gave up when it started getting dark. I think I'm going to put an add on CL and see if anyone answers this one. I tried it with Bon Jovi and never saw him again. There are so many people with chickens around here, she could be anywhere.

Change of subject. You all might remember when I bought the 4 chicks, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snack. Well Snack was definately a roo. The others looked very girly. Yesterday either Lunch or Dinner crowed at me. I looked at her/him and grabbed it up to see if I was really seeing a bunch of saddle feathers and I got a crow. Hunted down the other one and YEP! Another roo! I love roos, but this is getting rediculous. I can't get pics on here, but they are GL Bantam Cochins. Makayla is going to blow a fuse, since they are her babies, but they need a new home. They are sweet and like to cuddle. They'll even ride in a little red wagon, although several of the other roos will too. I should have taken that as a sign, since the hens get down right huffy over it. They're beautiful, but I was only going to keep them if they were girls, because I don't breed these. Going to see if I can list them for 10 bucks each, but without pics it has to be sight unseen. I think Slick is going too. I thought he was a Cochin when I bought him, but he may be Cochin/ Silkie. The Silkie is definately there. He's very pretty also, but I'm downsizing and I need only the roos I'm using for breeding anf like I said, I don't raise Cochins and I don't need an extra no matter how pretty he is.

OK, back to work. My new dryer doesn't have to usual plug that my other one has. They don't make an adapter and I can't afford an electrician, so I have to go rig something up, so I finally have a dryer again.

Hi Kim,

You should be able to pick up the correct plug end from a hardware store. They usually attach easily with a screw driver.

I am assuming your dyer is 220 and you already have that voltage where the other dryer was?

Ron
Nope. I found the problem. I think I'm putting it on CL. I'm a complete idiot! I needed an electric one and I bought a gas one. I didn't even notice until I climbed behind it again. It was a floor model so it's just the dryer. Who knows if it had extras. I did OK getting it out of my Explorer, but there's no way in heck I can get it back in. I'll just sell it and get my $200 back. What a dimwit! I just saw the price and needed one so bad, I got excited. Wasn't even thinking at that price it was going to be gas.
barnie.gif
Hopefully someone needs a cheap dryer and I can get my money back and just fix my other one. I don't know why I didn't think about it. I was in a hurry and had things to do and thought "great deal!" Yeah right.

Nope. I found the problem. I think I'm putting it on CL. I'm a complete idiot! I needed an electric one and I bought a gas one. I didn't even notice until I climbed behind it again. It was a floor model so it's just the dryer. Who knows if it had extras. I did OK getting it out of my Explorer, but there's no way in heck I can get it back in. I'll just sell it and get my $200 back. What a dimwit! I just saw the price and needed one so bad, I got excited. Wasn't even thinking at that price it was going to be gas.
barnie.gif
Hopefully someone needs a cheap dryer and I can get my money back and just fix my other one. I don't know why I didn't think about it. I was in a hurry and had things to do and thought "great deal!" Yeah right.
It might be better to run a gas line to it. Gas is cheaper then electric. I'd look in to it.

It might be better to run a gas line to it. Gas is cheaper then electric. I'd look in to it.
If I owned the place maybe and it wasn't a dump and I didn't have a arsenist burning things down around here. I'm going to just resell it for what I paid for it and a 2 yr protection plan. I liked my other one anyway, just never found anyone to fix it, so maybe this is my push.

Oh, that would explain the odd plug.

I hope you make your money back on it!

Ron
Me too. I could return it, but I can't lift it. Even if I don't sell it, maybe the next house will be set up for gas. Who knows? I feel like I real dummy though. I was always the one that checked this stuff out, even before my husband did. He never cared what he bought, he'd just do what he had to to use it. Where's the hammer over the head smilie? Ding Dong I tell ya.

Back
Top Bottom